Tuesday, November 24, 2015

YUK!

Today has been great. This afternoon Tony and I went to Kerrville. Our first stop was at Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn restaurant. Tony and I ordered the same thing, too. We had The Daily Special, which was totally delicious. It included a trip to the soup & salad bar, roast beef, mashed potatoes and okra and iced tea.

Then we drove across Sidney Baker Street, to go to the Home Depot, because I wanted to look at their gas-powered generators.

Then we went to the liquor store, that is about five doors down from Tractor Supply, so I could buy a small bottle of bourbon to add to the egg nog. Not sure what to buy, I ended up purchasing a bottle of JIM BEAM, Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, because it was on sale.

Our last stop was at the big H-E-B. While Tony was outside filling up Trigger, I was inside speed-shopping. And on my way out of the grocery store, June and I spotted each other. She was pulling a grocery cart out. We waved to each other and then she half-hollered, "Tony's parked over there! Happy Thanksgiving!"

"Thanks! Have a happy Thanksgiving, too!" I hollered back.

When we got back home, Tony helped me put up the groceries. Then I decided to make an egg nog for myself. I added about a half a jigger of bourbon, to my favorite coffee mug and then I filled it with egg nog and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

After I stirred it, I took a big sip of it, with Tony watching me. "Yuk!" I said.

Tony started laughing, and asked, "What?"

"Omg, this tastes horrible! It tastes fine, just like it's suppose to taste, but it's been so long since I drank bourbon or had an egg nog. I can't believe I actually used to like this stuff." Tony continued to laugh. "Here Tony, you try it."

"No thanks. I'm not an egg nog man, even with bourbon. You drink it."

"I can't," I said, as I poured my nostalgic, holiday drink down the drain and rinsed out my mug. "I guess we can give Kinky the bottle of bourbon."

"No save it," Tony said. "You can use it when you make Peach Whiskey Chicken...."

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: