Monday, November 23, 2015

Busted! or A Star Is Born!

Today has been really great. This morning I was sitting around, in my sweatshirt and sweatpants drinking coffee with Tony when our dogs started barking outside and inside. So Tony went outside to see what was going on.

A few minutes later, Tony walked back inside The Cabin, and said, "Gerry's here!" Then Gerry walked inside our trailer, too.

After howdies and hugs and giving our dear friend some delicious Donut Shop coffee, I confessed, "Gerry, you'll have to forgive me, because I totally forgot about you coming out this morning and us making a holiday video for our rescue ranch. I remember setting the date and I even have it written on my calendar. This is what happens when you get my age."

That made Gerry laugh. "You're busted," Gerry joked and then he and Tony teased me about me being forgetful.

Our dear friend, Gerry Olert, is the very best videographer, editor and producer, in Texas and we've been best friends since 2005 and he is the only videographer that our rescue ranch uses.

We had a fun visit until we ran out of coffee. Then Tony and Gerry went outside, so Tony could finish doing the morning chores and Gerry could get his cameras, etc. while I quickly took a shower and dressed, in my uniform: navy turtleneck, 501 Levis, navy, zipped-up hoodie sweatshirt, pink Justin Gypsy boots and my white, Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch cap.

When Gerry was ready to shoot me, outside, for the holiday video, I asked him if it would be okay if I held Little Debbie, because Little Debbie is already well known and this would make her even more famous. Gerry had no problem with her being the star, in the video. And Little Debbie couldn't wait.

So fifteen minutes later, Little Debbie and I stood back, in front of the fence, Gerry took aim, adjusted the sound quality and then he shot us. I did all of the talking and Little Debbie didn't. And when Gerry had finished shooting/filming us, I thanked him and then I joked, Thanks to you a star is born! Little Debbie is fixin' to become even more well known than she already is. In fact, right now I'm appointing her our official Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch mascot."


Before we left to go eat lunch together, at the Medina Apple Store, I started to write Gerry Olert a check for making us a holiday video, but he told me not to, "This one is on me. Seriously, no charge..."

So, on behalf of Kinky, Tony, our rescued dogs and me I want to thank our dear friend, Gerry Olert, for being one of the first to help make our rescue ranch's 2015 holiday season great. "We love you, Gerry!" 


And that's about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: