Monday, November 9, 2015

Pooh And The Brown Piglet! or How Maribeth Survived!

Today has been great. This morning, Tony and I returned the rental car and then we went and ate breakfast at Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant. And yes, once again, we ordered the exact same thing: Sinker Omelet, hash browns and whole wheat toast and coffee.

Tonight I have two things that I want to tell you about and I am saving the deal about Maribeth to keep y'all in suspense. So here goes.

My dear friend Cindy Pickard, who I've known for nearly thirty years, the woman who lives in Northern Mexico, that Chet and I went to see, in late June, has just started blogging about her life. In her first post on, Pooh and the Brown Piglet, Cindy introduces herself. She wrote about her earlier life, growing up and having to deal with death, grief and loss, at an early age and how she has survived.

And by the time you finish reading about Cindy's incredible life journey, after her youth, you are totally hooked and can't wait to read more about her and her award winning documentaries and her (She's Pooh) and Jody's (He's the Brown Piglet) life together. Because they are successively living off the grid, with their two hybrid Wolves, a milk cow, two horses, birds and a phantom cat, that neither Chet or I saw when we were out there.  

Cindy is an incredibly interesting woman with a lot of insight and humor. In fact I am still laughing about her hilarious story about her renting a Big Foot costume and having to haul it into Canada, for a documentary that she was working on.

Cindy is an extremely talented writer and you will find that her beautiful photographs are more than awesome, so I hope that you'll take the time to check out Pooh and the Brown Piglet.

Now I must tell you about how Maribeth survived baby-sitting for us. I didn't find out about Maribeth's "near death experience" until we got back, Saturday afternoon.

If you read last night's post, I wrote about me fixin' healthy smoothies for Maribeth, Chet, Tony and me, before the three of us took off for Fort Worth. The more than healthy smoothie ingredients were:
strawberries, blueberries, a banana, peaches, almond milk, organic cacao chocolate powder, organic sun-dried goji berries, chia seeds, cinnamon and fresh kale, from our organic keyhole garden.

Late Saturday afternoon, I called Maribeth to thank her for baby-sitting the rescue ranch for us and her response was, "Nancy, what in the heck did you put in that smoothie you made for us? Because after y'all left, I had an really bad allergic reaction. Ten minutes after y'all left the rescue ranch, my eyes swelled up and I could barely see...."

I told Maribeth all of the ingredients that I had put into the smoothie and she said, "It had to be those dang goji berries! I ended up having to drive to Bandera to get some over the counter medicine...."

After I apologized to her for nearly poisoning her, we had a really good laugh about it.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: