Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Wanted!

Yesterday after Tone and I did our chores outside, he told me, "Nance, in a few minutes I've got to go to Medina, because Sheryln Barton, my friend that cuts my hair for me, is getting married, at noon, and she's asked me to photograph her and Luis Perez's wedding."

"Do I know them?" I asked.

"I don't think so. Why?"

"Because I want to go and take pictures, too. For my blog."

"That's fine, but you'd better hurry up and get cleaned up, because we need to leave here in fifteen minutes."

On our way to Medina, I asked, "Where's the wedding at?"

"The Old Timer."

"Wow! That is way too cool. I bet it's going to be the first wedding ever, at The Old Timer or at least the first wedding that Debbie's Old Timer has ever had..."

Ten minutes before wedding bell time, we arrived at The Old Timer and I started taking pictures of the famous store, outside and inside, that our good friend Debbie Martin owns, while Tony took off to go talk to Sherylyn and Luis.




While I was inside, I noticed a wall that had Tony's photos for sale. So, I went over to check it out. 




And the last picture that I took before Sherylyn and Luis got hitched outside was the famous table where Tony and his old timer friends sit every morning while drinking coffee and solving the world's problems. 


Here's a picture that I took of Sherylyn and Luis saying their vows, at the very first wedding ever held at The Old Timer and yes, I teared up, because I always tear up at weddings.


After Sherylyn, the beautiful bride and her lucky husband Luis tied the knot, they and the wedding party posed especially for Tony, because as Sherylyn said before the wedding, "He's the only one here with a real camera."

Left to right: Makayla Moreno, Jacelynn Barton, Sheryln and Luis, Paige Perez and Cathrine Larson 


Here's a picture I took of Luis, Debbie Martin and Sherylyn, before we all went inside to celebrate the couple's wedding.


While we were inside Debbie's store, I introduced myself to Sherylyn and apologized for crashing her wedding and she told me not to apologize, because the whole town had been invited and then she showed me their Wanted poster, taped to the checkout counter, inviting "A posse to witness the hitchin of the outlaws..."


And while I was visiting with Sherylyn, she told me, "The reason that Luis and I wanted to get married at The Old Timer is because two years ago, on August 11, at 10:30 in the morning, was the very first time that we met. He came into the store and I was working the cash register...." And that is why this was the best wedding that I have ever been to. "The Old Timer Rules!" And who knows, maybe this fall, Tony and I will be the very first couple to renew our wedding vows, at The Old Timer.

P.S. I'll write about the six rescued Chihuahuas tomorrow when we will know more about them.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat story n wedding! The "Wanted" poster is a great idea!
I hope you & Tony are able to renew your wedding vows- how awesome is that.??!! When you do, plz post pics..thing
Thank