Monday, August 4, 2014

Something To Crow About!

Today has been great. This afternoon Tony and I met our once-a-month-lunch dear friends, at the Camp Verde General Store & Post Office. Tony and I arrived about twenty minutes early, so we could check out the store's latest items for sale.

We hadn't been there more than five minutes when I spotted the cutest, turquoise, rooster wall clock. "Look, Tony!" I said, as I took off to check out the clock. "That would look great in our kitchen."

"But, you just bought a clock, at Walmart, for our kitchen."

"I know, but it is so plain and I love this rooster and...." Five minutes later, I paid for it and it was mine! And trust me—I was more than happy about it.

A few minutes later, our friends arrived for a fun lunch, because this time Denise had made advance reservations for us, so we did not have to wait for a table. As usual, Tony and I ordered the exact same thing, except Tony drank sweet tea and I drank unsweetened iced tea.

Once all of us had placed our orders, I showed them my new kitchen wall clock and everyone loved it. Our lunch was absolutely delicious and it was filled with laughter, as we caught up with each others latest news. To say the least, "Tony and I had a blast seeing our friends."

As soon as we got back home, I took this picture of the new clock, in the sack and then I took a picture of the Walmart clock, before I removed it from the wall, so we could hang up the rooster clock.




Then I grabbed the step stool, so I could hang up the new rooster clock, but I had some trouble, so Tony came to my rescue and hung it, up on the wall, for me. "Thank you, Tony."


I was thrilled, because the rooster clock made our kitchen—pop! Suddenly the turquoise, on the painted floor rug, in the curtains, signs and cabinets came alive. I was absolutely thrilled, so I stood back and took this picture of our newly improved kitchen, because it is something to crow about.


And that is about it for tonight, because I need to do a few things, before we sit down and watch our friend, Steven Rambam's premiere episode of "Nowhere To Hide" television series, on the Discovery Investigation channel at 9:00.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Fay said...

Ha! I knew you didn't like that clock. Glad you found the turquoise rooster one, looks smashing!!
Fay xo

cousin nancy said...

I admit that I didn't like it much, but I do love my rooster clock!