Saturday, August 30, 2014

Miles Of Chocolate!

Today has been great. This morning I got up real early and went outside and did my morning chores, because as soon as Tony got back from The Old Timer, I was going to cook breakfast for Tony, Chet and me.

Before I stared cooking, I made us delicious, healthy smoothies using: kale, spinach, almond milk, almonds, cinnamon, chia seeds, banana, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe and peaches.

Then I cooked homemade hash brown potatoes, scrambled some eggs with onion, garlic, red & green bell peppers, jalapeno cheese and ham—topped with salsa. And I served it with buttered muffins and fresh slices of avocado. To say the least, "They loved it and went back for seconds.

Late this morning Ben and Serena, his beautiful, sweet girlfriend, came over to see us! And he brought us three giant bricks of Miles of Chocolate! Which I know will make our super volunteers happy, because we always share it with them. And yes, some people would call that bribery, but we don't care, because we'll do anything to keep our dear dog-walking friends/volunteers.

Our dear friend Debbie, the owner of The Old Timer, called me last night to invite us to go with her, to her friends big ranch party, near Medina. "Charlie will start playing around dark!" She told me. "Tony knows Charlie Montague and..."

For those of you who don't know about, The Charlie Montague Band, they play Rock and Soul and are listed as the 2014 Billboard Top Ten Artists. Anyway, Chet, Tony and I are leaving around 5:30 and that's only twenty-five minutes from now, so I need to go get ready.

Tomorrow afternoon, my good musician friend Ryan Hatch, Donna's husband, is coming over, so he and I can pick & grin, on our guitars. He and I have never played music together, but I know it will be a lot of fun. And that's about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening, because we sure are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charlie Montague.. I've heard them .. very good listening.. it had. to be a good time with them there too... good band y'all havea great Labor Day and stay cool... It's supposed to be really hot....