Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sleeping In Medina!

Today has been great, even though I overslept, because Tony overslept. Around 7:10, Tony walked into the bedroom and says, "Nance, I overslept. I woke up and then went back to sleep. When I woke up, I took a shower and got dressed and then I remembered I was supposed to wake you up..."

Knowing that I had just ten minutes before Big G called me to do the fun, Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch segment, I jumped out of bed, right after Mama jumped off of the bed snarling about her rude awakening. Like me, Mama likes to wake up slowly, so I didn't say anything to her about her growling, because Tony didn't need to hear the two of us growling and complaining.

I had only two delicious sips of Donut Shop Coffee, before the phone rang. "Hi, Big G," I said, Off-Air, trying to sound wide awake and alert. "Dang it, I overslept again."

Big G started laughing and then he teased me about oversleeping, again. Then we went On-Air. "....So Nancy, why did you oversleep?"

"I'm blaming it on Daylight Savings Time, Big G. When I try to go to bed at 10:00, I'm not tired and I can't sleep, because it used to be 9:00....Hopefully, by next week, I will have adjusted to the time change."

Big G and I talked about our exciting, upcoming Concert for Utopia and then we talked about sweet Peggy Sue, his Pet of the Week. "Peggy is about four and a half years old. She is a great little Beagle and she gets along great with other dogs. Her roommate is Buddy Holly and he is real nice, too..."


This afternoon, before Tony's chiropractic appointment with Dr. Hubble, Tony and I met Kinky and Big G for lunch, at the Acapulco Restaurant and it was a lot of fun. After we all ordered one of their  Specials, we talked about the Concert for Utopia. 

When we exhausted that subject I told Big G about that hilarious video, I posted, about the dog being left home alone and not allowed to get on the bed and me wanting to buy a camera to video Roy. Then we talked about the tragedy that happened at SXSW, in Austin, Faron Young, etc. And to say the least, "Lunch was a lot of fun with our dear friends."

After Tony had his adjustment and felt much better, Buttermilk took us back home. When we got home I was so tired, because I had only gotten about six hours of sleep last night, I decided to take a short nap with our four dogs and they were all for it, even though it probably wasn't such a great idea.

An hour and a half later, I woke up, after sleeping like a log. Roy and Belle were sleeping soundly and they had me sandwiched between them. Beau was sleeping on top of my pillow, above my head and Mama was snoring loudly, from our walk-in shower. "Come on, y'all. Time to wake up," I said. 

At first, no one did a thing. Then Beau stood up, accidentally pulling my hair, and then he slowly stretched. Then he jumped off of the bed, causing Mama to wake up suddenly and begin barking, as she ran out of the shower, into the bedroom. Then Belle used Roy and me as a diving board, as she leaped off of the bed to greet Mama. Then I got up slowly from the bed, as Roy turned over, on his back and went back to sleeping soundly.

By the time I walked into the kitchen, Mama had opened the front door and held it for Beau, Belle and her to go outside. After I drank a glass of water I went outside and killed Thistle for about an hour. 

Tonight, I plan to go to bed at 10:00 again, even though it used to be 9:00 last week. I know that taking a much needed nap today isn't going to help me fall to sleep tonight, so I plan to count sheep and if that doesn't work I'll count them again. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Er, Nancy, WHEN did you change the clocks at your place?

It was my understanding the time changed March 9, so last week the time was already changed.

You've had almost 10 days to adjust to the new time, but it doesn't sound like you're doing any better than the rest of us!

We sure get 'set in our ways', don't we?

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! Laugh out loud, I changed our clocks the day before, to help me adjust, which obviously I haven't. I guess you could say, "Time flies when you can't sleep and that's not fun."

I am so set in my ways any change is difficult to nearly impossible for me. : ))

I love being a Native Texan and plan to remain here, because if I moved to Arizona, to solve my time warp problem—I'd never sleep, because I would miss Texas so much.

Let's do lunch soon, or at my rate of adjusting to the time change—dinner?



.