Saturday, March 29, 2014

Just A Swingin'!

Today has been great. This morning, around 10:15, Gretchen, from Austin came over with Chet. She had gotten lost and wound up over at Kinkys, so Chet brought her over here, so she could meet us and Buster Brown.

After greetings, the three of us went over to Buster's pen and he was excited to see Gretchen, as was Gretchen to see Buster Brown. Once Buster had settled down a bit, Chet, Gretchen and I took the little guy for a walk down to  the creek, where we bid Chet goodbye, because Chet needed to get back to what he had been working on.

On our way back to the rescue ranch, Gretchen and I started having several doubts about Buster Brown becoming her constant companion, because he was a little too much for her to handle, after she recently had hip surgery.

Gretchen had really wanted it to be Buster, but she and I both agreed that it was not a perfect match for either of them. So, after we returned Buster to his pen, I took Gretchen to meet two more small dogs: Twiggy and Merle Haggard.

Gretchen and Merle had an instant connection, so we took him for a walk down to the creek, but we didn't make it there, because halfway to the creek, Gretchen said, "I want to adopt Merle. He is perfect for me...." So, the good news is: Merle Haggard has moved to Austin! I took this picture of The Hagg, before he and Gretchen left our rescue ranch.


Forty-five minutes later, right after Tony and I had eaten lunch—we had another great adoption! Our friend Carol, of Cal-Bob's Smoke Shack fame, showed up with her and Calvin's friend, because he wanted to adopt a male dog, to be a companion to his sweet, eight-year-old, female Rottweiler.

As I drove them around the rescue ranch, in Kermit and showed the nice man all of our male dogs and told him their individual stories—Rio stole his heart and Carol really liked Rio, too! Ten minutes later, Rio was officially adopted! I took this blurry, action picture, of Carol getting ready to take Rio's leash, so she could put him, into the man's Mercedes back seat.


Late this afternoon, around 4:15, Becky called me, to give me a Maggie May update! Becky told me that Maggie is adjusting nicely to her new forever home. Yesterday, Maggie May jumped up, into the outdoor swing and swung with Becky. "Maggie loves to roll in the grass and she is doing a lot of smiling. She likes Eddie, but she does get a little jealous when he comes over and sits in my lap, because I think Maggie wants to sit in my lap. She is a great dog and I am thrilled that I can give her four to five years living as a dog should..."

After Becky and I adios-ed each other, I went over to see Kinky and he was thrilled when I told him about today's two great adoptions and about Maggie May, just a swingin', at her great, new home. And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: