Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Five Years, Three Months and Four Days Later!

Today has been great, but last night was pretty weird. Around 11:30 PM, Tony, Mama and I were sleeping, on our bed, when we heard a loud crashing sound, in the big room. Mama, my twelve-year-old, Great Pyrenees, that I rescued twelve years ago, when she was a giant puppy, was the first to respond.

She jumped off of the bed—barking and was ready to protect us, before I could say, "Tony, what in the he** was that?"

As Tony reached for his shotgun, he said real loudly, "I don't know, but I'm fixin' to go find out! Stay here." Then he and Mama left the bedroom. (Mama was the first to leave.) When Tony flipped on the kitchen light, Mama quit barking. A few seconds later, Tony says, "It's the big wall clock, that Carol gave to us several years ago. It must have fallen off of the wall."

"Huh? Is it broke?" I half-hollered, from the bedroom.

"I don't know. Its six batteries are scattered on the floor, but the clock looks okay. Mama do you want to go outside? Go ahead." Then I heard Mama open the front door and let herself go outside, while Tony picked up the batteries and worked on my favorite clock.

A few minutes later, the kitchen light was out and Tony and Mama were back in bed with me.

This morning when Mama and I woke up, we went into the kitchen. As Mama opened the front door, to let herself go outside, a natural born skill all Great Pyrenees have, I woke up the Keurig and popped in a Donut Shop K-cup.

As I waited for my first, delicious cup of coffee to brew, I saw the fallen clock back up on the wall, where it belonged and it was working, but it's timing was off by 5 years, 3 months and four days, so I removed it from the wall and reset it. Then Mama came back inside.

During breakfast, Tony and I tried to figure out why the clock had fallen, off of the wall and gone back to a much happier time, in my life. A time when I was still in my Fifties and my double chin hadn't found me, yet.

The screw that it hung from was still screwed into the wall and neither one of us have touched the clock or dusted it off, since we replaced the batteries, on July 7, 2013. Which says a lot about my good housekeeping skills. Anyway, since neither of us can figure out why we went back in time, late, last night, I guess it is our friendly poltergeist visiting us again, even though the only thing it has done, in the past, are drop books to the floor, from our bookcase.

Later this morning after Tony and I fed the dogs and cleaned their dog pens, I told Tone, "Will you put some gas into the push—mower, so I can cut down the grass in our front yard?"

Eight minutes later, I was happily plowing our front yard, while Beau, Belle and Roy, slept peaceable, inside The Cabin. (Mama is missing in this picture, because she was in our bedroom, sleeping on our comfortable bed.)


When the tall grass was shortened, I returned the lawn mower to the barn. Then I went back to The Cabin, our thirty-year-old trailer, to get some scissors so I could go trim Miss Dee's long black hair. And it only took me about fifteen minutes to do.

While I was cooking us lunch, Carol called me. We had a fun visit. She told me all about her super fun trip, in Fort Worth, where she met up with her dear cowboy and cowgirl friends and getting to go to the American Rodeo with them.

After I had told her about the Boerne Library Local Authors Book Expo and meeting George Fischer, author of The Last DK Cowboy, she told me about her friends now reading my blog and Bill making a comment on last night's post, about how we can play a great prank on Jeff.

This afternoon, I took a break and decided to check my e-mail and then surf the Internet. Carol sent me the funniest video. She said that it reminded her of my Roy Rogers, my 107 pound, Yellow Lab, that we rescued from death row, at the pound, on 12-20-11. When I watched it, I thought I was watching Roy, because they act and look exactly alike. If you want to or need to laugh—check it out.

After that, while I was surfing the Net, I came across a really cool blog, about how great Texas is. The name of the blog is: CowgirlBoots&PointeShoes - Christina's Personal Blog, and I think it says it all, about how proud we Texans are, of our great state, so please check it out, too. 

(I am almost done here, so hang in there.) Late this afternoon, after watching the hilarious dog that reminds me of Roy, I leashed him up, and told Tony, "Roy and I are going to Medina. I need to go to the Medina Community Library to put up a Concert for Utopia poster and to talk to Mary Ellen about me doing an upcoming book signing there. We'll be back in a little while." Then Roy and I loaded up inside Trigger and headed to town.

When we arrived at the Best Little Library in Texas, we saw Carol's SUV parked in front of the library, because she was going to attend a Spanish class, taught by our good friend Dick Atwood. Then we saw Carol. 

After a fun, but short visit with Carol and Dick, outside, I went inside my favorite library, to find Mary Ellen. And after a fun visit with Mary Ellen, I am proud to announce that I will be doing a book signing, on all four of my books, on Saturday, May 3rd, from 10:30 to noon! And that is about it.

Y'all have a great evening!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks so much for the shoutout! :)

cousin nancy said...

Thanks so much for writing such a great blog! I am definitely going to be following your blog regularly. Keep on writing!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog on Texas Pride by Christina Ballerina! She nailed it! Makes me proud to be a Texan!

cousin nancy said...

I know. She is a great writer and I am following her blog.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Anonymous! :)