Monday, January 7, 2013

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday!

Today has been great, even though I made a total fool out of myself early this morning. Let's just call it another senior moment or she's stupid, too or what goes around comes around.

I would like to blame my stupidity this morning on M.I.R., but Mercury is not in retrograde or blame it on F.M.T, but we are not in full moon time either, so I am narrowing it down to Karma, even though it wasn't instant Karma.

What happened to me this morning also happened to me and my dear old grandmother in 1970, when I was a senior in high school, in Fort Worth. And I find it amazing that it has taken all of this time for my Karma to finally come back around to kick me in the behind.

In the past I've laughed many times when I have told this funny story about my grandmother calling me one Saturday morning, "Good morning, Nancy."

"Good morning, Grandma."

"I need to talk to one of your parents," she said, sounding a bit anxious.

"Dad's playing golf and Mom has gone to the grocery store. Is everything okay?"

"No, it isn't."

"What's wrong?"

"My Sunday paper was not delivered this morning," she said. "Did y'all get your Sunday paper?"

"No, ma'am, because it is Saturday not Sunday." Then she started laughing and so did I.

Forty-three-years later, Tony woke me up at 6:00 this morning, as I had asked him to do, so I could wake up before calling my friend (Gordon Ames) one of Kerrville's favorite radio host Big G onThe Real Deal KOOK/KERV 1230 radio show, so we could do our weekly Utopia segment.

Around 7:00 I called Big G at the radio station. "Hi Big G. It's Cousin Nancy. Are we off air?"

"Yes."

"I was calling early to make sure that we were going to do the show this morning at 7:20, since we haven't done it because of the holidays falling on Tuesday." Big G started to laugh.

"We're doing it tomorrow, Nancy."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes. Nancy, today is Monday not Tuesday."

"Oh my goodness! I thought it was Tuesday. The holidays have gotten me all confused..." After we had laughed about it, we adios-ed each other.

As I sipped my second cup of Donut House coffee I started laughing at myself all over again, for thinking it was Tuesday. And I bet that Grandma was laughing and rolling over inside her casket in her and Granddad's mausoleum, in Ft. Worth, Texas. And that is about it for tonight, because I need to write and go to bed early, so I can get up early to do Big G's radio show, again.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: