Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Broken Rock!

Today has been great, but I have to keep it short, because thunderstorms are coming soon, which means we have to unplug everything. So, I guess we will be spending the evening playing music, with Tony playing Nellybelle, our new uke and me accompanying him on Trigger, the guitar that Ronnie made for me.

Early this afternoon Kinky called and suggested that we go to town to eat lunch, at El Sol de Mexico, because he was anxious to try it. To say the least, "Our lunch was delicious and fun and Kinky really liked the restaurant.

Late this afternoon our dear friend Charlie called me to ask if he could come over, because he wanted to discuss my novella, The Cowgirl Sisterhood: The Membership Drive, Part I, because he had just finished reading it. (Charlie and his wife Ellen are characters in Chapter II.)

Twenty minutes later Charlie showed up and when he walked inside The Cabin he handed me a large split rock that he had found on their other ranch, in Sanderson, Texas. "This is for you, Nancy, because I know that you are a rockhound, too. I picked it up, because I thought it might look like one of those medicinal Brownies, in your novella. Here's a picture of my new, broken rock that Charlie gave to me. I put a fork next to it, so you can see how big it is.



After we had stopped laughing, I made us some delicious Donut Shop coffee. Then he asked me if he could look at our Keurig single cup coffee maker. When I was finished telling him all about it and how much we loved it, we talked about his favorite parts of my novella. "Ellen and I loved reading it and I want to buy five more copies to give to our friends."

While I signed copies to his and Ellen's friends and family we laughed and talked about rocks, rain, motorcycles, Johnny Manziel, A&M and the Crimson Tide beating Notre Dame last night. And that is about it for tonight, because it just thundered outside.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: