Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weave A Good Tale!

Today has been great and it all started early this morning, with this beautiful flower bouquet, that Tony had handpicked from our flowerbed, and gave to me, after he had returned from the Old Timer, in Medina. I especially love the Blue Plumbago.


This morning before Tony went outside to do the chores, he helped me declutter the cabinet, below the kitchen sink and we threw out a lot of old, unused stuff. And because it looked so organized and uncluttered, I ended up decluttering all four of our kitchen drawers, while T. was outside working.

Around noon, my dear friend, Spike Gillespie, came over to eat lunch with us and she brought us a fresh fruit salad that was so delicious, I ate more of it than my shrimp spaghetti.

Lunch with Spike was so much fun, because it was filled with laughter. After lunch we talked non-stop about her marrying people, which she has been doing for over five years and the good news is—she is has offered to train me for free and I can't wait to get started.

Late this afternoon, after Tone took off for Medina to buy us some vanilla ice cream, I started decluttering my more than cluttered office, but I didn't get far into it, because when I saw the Cricket Loom and the box it came in, I decided to sell it on eBay, instead of storing it and probably never using it again, because it had cost me over $140.00. So, when T. walked inside The Cabin with the ice cream, I was busy, putting it up for auction, on eBay. 


To help make the loom sell better, I grabbed my camera and took a picture of my pitiful-looking, thirteen-inch-long muffler, that I had given up on, because I had quickly discovered that I am definitely not a weaver and I also learned that T. doesn't do mufflers, no matter how ugly or long they are. 

When T. saw me take the picture of his unfinished, muffled up, mini-muffler, he started laughing and said, "You're going to put a picture of that up on eBay? I thought you wanted the loom to sell." Then I started laughing with him, because he was right, as we closely examined it for my multiple weaving errors. So needless to say, "I did not upload this picture of Tony's miniature muffler, on eBay, because I am smart enough to know, that I can weave a good tale, from time to time, but never a muffler." And that is about it for tonight.


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: