Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Picture Perfect Pomegranate!

This afternoon Tony and I went to Kerrville to run a few errands, but the main reason that I had wanted to go to Kerrville was to buy some pomegranate juice at H-E-B. The reason that I wanted to buy the pomegranate juice was because Sandy and Jon called me last night, to tell me that they had added a teaspoon of it to the water and sugar mixture that they put in their Hummingbird feeders and they hung it up beside another Hummingbird feeder, which only had the clear water and sugar mixture, to find out which feeder the Hummers preferred.

When their scientific experiment, "Do Hummingbirds prefer clear or colored water?," had ended they called me with their test results, "Nancy, the Hummers definitely prefer colored water to just plain clear water! We used 100% pomegranate juice and we only added a teaspoon to the sugar-water mixture and our Hummers only wanted to drink from that feeder. The next time that y'all come to town, you need to buy only 100% pomegranate juice and we promise that you'll attract more Hummers," they told me on their speakerphone.

After running our errands, our next to the last stop was at H-E-B to buy gas for Buttermilk and pomegranate juice for our Hummingbirds. While T. was outside, at the pumps, filling up Buttermilk, I went to the fruit and vegetable section, where the refrigerated juices are kept and I found several varieties of small bottled Pom Pomegranate juices, but they were out of the just plain 100% Pomegranate Juice and I was really disappointed.

Then I looked below the shelf with the small bottles on it and found several large bottles of Pom 100% Pomegranate juice and to say the least, "I was absolutely thrilled until I discovered how expensive it was. Knowing that Tone was outside waiting on me, I decided to go ahead and buy it anyway.

Our last stop was at Wolfmueller's Books, so we could tell Sandy and Jon that we had bought some pomegranate juice, but when we entered their popular bookstore it was full of Kerrverts and tourists buying their books, so we sat down at a table and waited for a chance to tell them.

During a momentary lull, they came over to greet us. "We just bought some Pom 100% pomegranate juice, at H-E-B, and it was expensive. They were out of the smaller bottles, so I bought a large bottle of it and it cost over $10.00."

"You should have bought a smaller bottle of it on the juice isle that isn't refrigerated. It's much cheaper," Sandy said.

"What kind did you buy?" I asked.

Sandy got up, grabbed her iPhone and said, "Here, let me show it to you," then she showed me a picture of their pomegranate juice bottle, which made me burst out laughing.

"Sandy, I can't believe that you took this picture of your pomegranate juice?" I teased. Jon, Sandy and Tony started laughing. "I mean it is a picture perfect pomegranate juice bottle and you centered it nicely, but do you honestly take pictures of all of your groceries? I'm sorry, Sandy, but I've got to blog about this, because there hasn't been much going on for me to blog about lately. And when I get home, I am going to take a picture of our Pom 100% Pomegranate Juice bottle and then e-mail it to you."( And that's exactly what I did when we got home.)


While we were still laughing, some nice people walked into the bookstore and the woman says to Sandy, "Hi, I am Gianna from the University of Texas Press and this is Chris. We drove down from Austin to check out your famous bookstore."

"Well, you've come at the perfect time, because one of your authors, Nancy Parker-Simons is here with her husband Tony. I'm Sandy and this is my husband Jon..." And the rest is history and it was fun.

Here are a few pictures that I took this evening of our beautiful wildflowers, that Tony planted a while back for me, because my favorite flowers are wildflowers.



Tonight, because of the sad passing of Nora Ephron, a woman whom I greatly admired, I plan to watch either When Harry Met Sally or Sleepless In Seattle or You've Got Mail or Julie & Julia, because they are my most favorite movies.

Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Fay said...

..."I'll have what she's having!!..."
Great blog today Nance! Love the POM here too. I remember when my girls were just wee, to avoid the mess of eating a pomegranate, I would put them in the bathtub before bedtime with a quarter pomegranate in their little fist. They would eat the juicy bits and they would come out unstained LOL!!
Kris & Wee Lassie send their love to you, Tony & Kinky. All is well.
Fay

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Thank you for making me laugh so early in the morning! Please give Kris and Wee Lassie a hug from me.

Mari of the NoMads said...

Those wildflowers look just like zinnias...Methinks some 'tame' seeds snuck into the wildflower package...

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! Thanks for making us laugh. I just told Tony, "Maybe they are wild Zinnias!"