Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Underdogs!

Today has not been so great. This morning, after a late start, Tony went outside to do the morning chores, because I needed to stay inside to take care of some paperwork, return a few phone calls, check my e-mail, etc. and to keep an eye on Roy Rogers, because he was acting strange.

Roy was acting a little confused, not as happy as he normally is and he had a hard time jumping up on our bed, which he has never had trouble doing before.

As I was about to send out an e-mail, Tony came inside The Cabin, "Nance, call Hoegemeyers and tell them that we have an emergency and we are on our way. Underdog's eye has popped out." As soon as I called Susan to tell her about our little rescued Shih Tzu's eye, we took off for Kerrville.

After an emergency examination by the vet, Susan came out of the examination room and told us that they were going to have to remove Underdog's eye, which really depressed me, because neither Tony or I have any clue as to how or why it happened.

About halfway home, Tony says, "Roy ate all of his food this morning, but he doesn't seem to be feeling so hot. I hope that he hasn't had a stroke or something."

"You noticed it too?" I said, feeling a lump settle in my throat, as I told him about Roy acting under the weather with me too, this morning. "He's got to get better, Tony, because I love that dog so much..."

When we got back to the ranch, I decided to help Tony do the chores outside, because it was really starting to get hot outside and I was sure that the dogs were probably wondering why Tony hadn't fed them yet and why I hadn't cleaned their pens. So, I apologized to each and everyone of them for our tardiness, but they didn't seem to really care, because they were all too busy eating.

Late this afternoon, we went to Medina, so I could get some stuff mailed out and when we returned to the ranch, Roy was standing out on the porch, happily wagging his gigantic tail and barking at us—like he has always done in the past and he was also acting more perky, so I am now keeping my fingers crossed for him and me too, because Roy has truly stolen my heart.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: