Friday, January 6, 2012

You've Got A Friend!

Since my last post Tuesday night I've taken some much needed time off and I have been really busy. This evening as I write this, inside The Cabin, sitting at the kitchen table, that Ronnie custom built for me in 1995, within thirty minutes, right before I officially left Austin forever and moved to my beautiful Rolling Thunder Ranch (10 acres with a stock tank, just outside of Utopia). A fire is safely blazing and crackling inside my 32 inch television with my music playing and I am filled with so much joy, because my "Carol copy-cat kitchen remodel is finally finished—thanks to all of the help of Tony and Aaron.

Today has been a beautiful, warm, sun shiny day out here and thanks to our, "Texas' Greatest Volunteers;" June, Ellen, Eileen, Jim, Dottie, Roy & Della and Carol —they showed up and they walked all of our dogs for us and our dogs absolutely loved it. "Thank y'all, so very much! We truly love y'all, but not as much as all of our dogs do!" (Unfortunately, Lisa was a no-show today, because she had accidentally stubbed or broken her toe, which Ellen is going to offer to loan her her foot cast.)

There is so much more to tell about my really fun day today with the volunteers, Ben Welch and Aaron, ( Our dear friends.) but tonight I am going to spend the rest of the evening writing, inside our beautiful, warm and cozy cabin, because my 2012 New Year's resolution is for me to write two books this year.

Y'all have a great evening! (James Taylor and Carole King are singing, "You've Got A Friend" and it is so beautiful and blowing me away.

2 comments:

Cindy Johnson said...

Hi Nancy,
It looks like your holidays were full of warm and fun moments. I just wanted to update you on Henry. He is such a wonderful guy. He has learned to fetch his toy and bring it back to you. When I walk out in the back yard he comes up and sits on my right side. Ray might have taught him that, I'm not sure but it makes me feel good when he sits there. He is the fastest dog I've ever been around and he can jump over anything that gets in his away. He and Bill (the Brittany) now share the same dog house. Henry likes to drag the blankets out onto the patio to lay on during the day. I put them back at night so they can be comfy with their eat lamp on. Anyway he's warm and friendly and just happy to be here all the time. Do you have an email address I can send picutes to? Ray got me a bike for Christmas, my plan is to take Henry with me on some short rides. We'll see who leads who!! Best wishes for a wonderful 2012. Tell Kinky thank you for being on TV at the right time and place for us to find Henry. Cindy Johnson

cousin nancy said...

Howdy Cindy! Thank you for the O. Henry update—I am so happy that you and Ray adopted him. He is one lucky dog. Please give him a hug from me and tell him that I said, "I love you and that I am so happy for you. Be good." Cindy please call me and I will give you my e-mail address. Happy New Year!