Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One Trick Pony!

We are scheduled to have some heavy thunderstorms later today and tonight, so I am going to try to beat the storms, because I will definitely be unplugging soon.

Yesterday morning, I woke up feeling pretty miserable and so did Mama, so when Tony got home from the Old Timer I suggested that we take Mama to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, as soon as we finished breakfast, because she had no appetite and was lathargic—just like me, except my stomach ached fiercely and I felt like I was going to throw up at any time.

After we dropped Mama off at the clinic, we came home, so I could go back to bed and Tony could do our chores outside.

Around noon, we took my temperature and it was 101 degrees, which depressed me even more, because I was already depressed about not feeling good, because I'm never sick and I really hate being sick.

At 4:00, Tony and Buttermilk took off for Kerrville to pick up Mama and sixty-nine minutes later, they walked inside The Cabin. "Janssen told me that Mama was running 101 degrees, a low grade fever and he took some ex-rays and also did some blood work on her and he wants us to give Mama one of these pills every day."

"What are they?" I asked.

"Rimadyl, for pain. He said he would get back to us with the results..." Then Mama and I went into the bedroom and went to bed. She slept, but I didn't.

Last night I went to bed at 7:00 and I didn't wake up until this morning, when Tony woke me up so I could do Big G's radio show at 7:20. After an enjoyable show with Gordon Ames, I checked my e-mail to discover that I had a received an interesting e-mai from Jay Pennington, Gordon's friend, who was now ours too.

When he and his sweet wife Sarah had come out to visit with us on Saturday to talk about his web sites that he has, to help adopt dogs from shelters, which I am very excited about, so as a gesture to thank him for wanting to help our rescue ranch, I gave him and Sarah signed copies of my two books.

Anyway, this morning Jay had sent me a picture of him sitting on a pony, that was taken in his front yard, in San Antonio and I about fainted, because Jay was sitting on the same pony that I had sat on, years earlier, in my parents front yard in Fort Worth. Even the tack was identical and Chiggar's ears were pinned back in both of our pictures. And here are the pictures of this one trick pony.



As I finish writing this at 1:30 to post tonight at 8:00, before going back to bed with Mama, I wonder just how many kids, like me and Jay, that little pony made happy.

Y'all have a great evening! And Happy Belated Birthday to Dylan Ferrero!

1 comment:

Karin Pohlmann said...

Dear Nance, our old dogs also got Rimadyl for pain and we could enjoy their love until they got the proud age of sixteen years. I hope you and Mama are recovering soon! I am also hoping, the thunderstormes don´t make to much problems . Please exuse my bad English: I am to lazy to look in a dictionary, reading English is not the problem, writing and speaking more.....Love, Karin