Thursday, January 19, 2012

UFO Beer!

Yesterday was great and so was today. Yesterday morning before Tony and I went outside to do our chores, I started cooking a bag of black beans, so I could try to make black bean soup, like Kevin's at the Water Street Cafe.

When our chores were done outside, I checked out a couple of black bean soup recipes on the Internet and then I started adding peeled carrots, onion, garlic, chicken broth, salt, pepper, green chiles and roasted tomatoes and an hour later—we ate Cousin Nancy's Delicious Black Bean Soup. And Tony ate seconds. Then two hours later, while doing some paperwork—I got gas big-time.

Normally, I do not have a gas problem and am proud of it, but yesterday afternoon I had gas so bad I went outside and took Roy for a long walk, to blow it off, because Tony would not quit teasing me about it.

Even though I scared Roy a few times with a couple of loud emissions during our hike, we happily returned home after a one hour long hike, because I had finally run out of gas, which was good news, because our dear friends Sandy and Jon were coming out around five o'clock for a visit.

Five minutes before five, Sandy and Jon arrived with some sausages that they had picked up at Daddy Jim's Quality Meats and a six pack of UFO beer—which was out of this world.



So, while Tony cooked up their sausages, in the Okay Corral, I gave them a tour of my pink writing cabin and then T. showed off Chuck to them and they loved it.

When the sausages were cooked we came inside The Cabin to eat them, because it was getting close to dark-thirty outside. While Tone cut up the sausages, I gave them a tour of The Cabin and they loved it and they could not believe how cool our fake wood burning fire was inside our television set.

After the delicious sausages had disappeared and I had cleaned up the kitchen, Tony and I had a blast visiting with the Wolfmueller's, in fact, it was non-stop laughter until they went home. And I am proud to report that I never once farted.

Today has been great. This afternoon Tony and I met Kinky in town for lunch and it was fun. Before leaving the restaurant Kinky told us that MSNBC was sending out a camera crew, from Austin, around six o'clock, so they could interview him about his views of Rick Perry dropping out of the race today, to air on their 7:00 show tonight.

When Trigger, T. and I got home this afternoon I checked our mail to find the latest copy of the Bandera County Courier newspaper and I about fell over when I saw my picture in it, taken last Friday by our friend Clair, when I was pickin' and grinnin' at the Medina Jam Session.


And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Fay said...

Cousin Nancy writes, "And I am proud to report that I never once farted."
OMG! That made me laugh out loud!! Love your blog Nance!
Fay xo

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay, it is true and I am proud of it. : )

Karin Pohlmann said...

Do you know that "Hefeweizen" is not a beer brewed on another planet, it is a specialty from Germany, especial from Bavaria or Swabia(where I come from). I use to drink a lot of it....It produces gas too, but it makes you belching, not farting....I laughed so much about this blog, Nancy!

cousin nancy said...

Howdy Karin. That is cool that you know about UFO beer. Hopefully, when you and Air Gun come see us, y'all can try to teach me how to pronounce "Hefeweizen."

Hugs to you both!