Sunday, January 22, 2012

In Good Company!

This morning I woke up with a tummy ache and feeling sick to my stomach, so after helping Tony clean the dog pens I have spent most of my day feeling a little puny and laying in bed with Mama and Roy to comfort me, but fortunately, tonight as I write this I am feeling much better. So, now I am going to attempt to do a little catching up.

Friday morning was beautiful the temperature was in the mid sixties outside, a perfect day for our super volunteers to walk all of our dogs for us. As Tony and I were finishing up our outside chores June, Ellen, Eileen, Lisa, Dottie and Jim showed up and they began walking our dogs and our dogs were thrilled about it and so were we.

When our chores were done, T. jumped into Buttermilk and took off for Kerrville, so he could take photos of our nephew Zachary showing his pig, at the Kerr County Stock Show and I took off to go visit with the volunteers and I really enjoyed it.

After the dogs had all been walked, "The Girls" invited me to join them for lunch, but I couldn't because I was on a mission. One hour later I was at a J.C. Penneys cash register buying socks for Tone and me, because ours were threadbare. After accomplishing my mission I swung by H-E-B to pick up some groceries and then Trigger took me home.

Early Saturday morning, Rick called and left a message on Carlton, "Hey, Tony and Nancy. John is driving us to the airport for our trip to Nicaragua! Don't worry we will be fine. Bye."

When I had finished my first cup of coffee, I picked up the phone and punched in Rick's number, in hopes that I could catch them before they took off and I am glad that I did, because I had a really fun visit with the three of them. And before hanging up I invited John to please come up soon to visit us and he said he would, so I have my fingers crossed that he will, because Sandy & Jon, Carol, Tony and I have really missed him.

Saturday, I got the coolest care package, in the mail, from our dear friends Lorri & Jeff Severson, Redskins Super Bowl VII, who I recently had fun pickin' with over at Carol's ranch. They had sent me some pictures of Jeff—in good company, hanging out with some of his old friends and Jeff signed each picture to me, which I absolutely loved. Thank you, Lorri and Jeff!

In the next few days I plan to frame Jeff's photos and hang them in our big room. Here are the pictures they sent.




Hopefully, tomorrow I will be feeling much better. Tonight I plan to do some more writing and that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: