Sunday, August 7, 2011

Miles Of Chocolate!

Today has been a good day, because Kinky is back at the ranch. Around 5:00 this evening he called and invited us to come over to the Lodge for a visit, but Tony didn't go with me because he was busy farming on Facebook.

I spent over an hour at the Lodge visiting with Kink. We talked about the rescue ranch, The Friedmans, the drought, how happy we were about Blackie and Alfie finally getting adopted and moving to New York state, as of tomorrow, Kent Perkins and his wife Ruth Buzzi, Tony's and my trip to Terlingua with Sandy and Jon in September and his fun trip out to Georgia where he hung out on a movie set, for a few days with his friend Billy Bob Thornton, who was one of the actors in the movie.

And I got tickled when Kinky said, "Nance, you're not going to believe this. During a lunch break one day on the set, this crew member comes up to me and says, "The food here is always first class and you've got to go try some of that chocolate over there on that table. It's the best I've ever eaten,"so I took his advice and went over to the table to get some and guess what—there was a small sign beside the chocolate that read: Miles of Chocolate," Kinky said. "I couldn't believe it, Nance. Ben's and Miles chocolate is everywhere."

"Kinky, that is so cool. I am going to call Ben and tell him about it. No, I think I will just blog about it tonight and surprise him when he reads it." Then we went outside and sat in the rockers on the front porch for a little while. After he had filled his Hummingbird feeders and hung them back up we adios-ed each other and I came home.

And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for rain for us.

No comments: