Monday, August 29, 2011

The Holstee Manifesto!

Today has been great. This morning after T. and me did our outdoor chores Trigger took me over to the Lodge for an enjoyable visit with Kinky, before he took off for Austin, to do the O'Reilly Factor tonight.

After lunch, I was in one of those "I'm tired and don't feel like doing anything" moods, which I am blaming entirely on the drought, so I decided to not do what I should do and just took a break.

Because of our upcoming road trip to Terlingua is just a few weeks away, I got on the Internet and went to John Wells Field Lab, in Terlingua, to see how his project was going and after looking at his many pages of pictures with updates, I stumbled on The Holstee Manifesto, which he had posted, which I have never heard of and it totally touched my heart and are words to live by, so I Googled it and found out that it was written by Dave, Mike and Fabian in 2009 and was designed by Rachel and I love their web site, mission and recycled products.


After I ordered a poster of The Holstee Manifesto, I printed out two copies and asked Tony to read it, while I framed the other copy, so I can read it everyday until my poster arrives and that's when I realized that I was in a much more upbeat mood. After I hung the copy on a wall in our big room, I went back to T.'s office and asked him what he thought about it and like me, he thought it was awesome, too.


The rest of my day has run smoothly and I did get a lot accomplished after all and I am blaming that on The Holstee Manifesto. Now, I am going to try not to go crazy waiting for my pre-birthday poster to arrive, because I already know where I am going to hang it on the wall.

Early this evening Tony asked me to take a spin with him in his VW when we went over to the big barn to feed Shalom and the donkeys and I did and I immediately fell in love with his 1973 Beetle.


I took this picture of him from inside the bug. When he had finished feeding Roy, Gabby, Little Jewford and Shalom, we drove over to the Lodge to show it to Will, who was babysitting The Friedmans today, while Kinky is at the Fox affliate, in Austin, taping the O'Reilly Factor.

Will thought T.'s VW was awesome, so he jumped into the backseat and Tone took us for a drive around the ranch and it was so much fun, because it brought back so many good memories of my younger days with my VW's. 


And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for rain for us!

No comments: