Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back Out! or Stolen! or The Real Decoy!

Yesterday, thanks to Mercury in retrograde, right after Tony and I had finished doing our morning chores outside his back went out on him again, so I spent the better part of my day inside doing paperwork etc. while T. rested in his chair, in his office aka man cave, with either a sack of frozen peas or squash or corn on his back, so basically there wasn't much to write home about.

This morning Tony's back was a little bit better and he felt good enough to do his morning chores with me.

For lunch today, I cooked Lisa's Chalupas recipe that she had sent to me yesterday and we loved it. It was delicious and basically healthy, fast and inexpensive, because I purposefully omitted the flour tortillas and substituted the lettuce with cabbage, so now I guess you could say that I have now officially stolen Lisa's recipe and am calling it Cousin Nancy's Healthy Tacos Supreme! So, thank you, Lisa—it's mine.  : )

I took this afternoon off, because of Mercury in retrograde and feng shui-ed the big room in our trailer, which I am not sure was such a good idea. When I was nearly done this pretty, hand painted decoy duck, that a friend had given to me over fifteen years ago, caught my eye, so I picked it up to admire it.


When I turned the real decoy duck over to look at its underside I saw that "T. L. Kennedy 1981" hand carved into it and that got me to thinking, so I spent over two hours on the Internet researching it and I came up with two auction houses that had listed T.L. Kennedy 1981 painted decoy ducks and then I found a T.L. Kennedy school up in Canada, that sounded like a really cool school and that was it. 


So tonight I plan to continue researching on the Internet to solve the mystery of who was T.L. Kennedy 1981. I know that the T.L. Kennedy, who founded the Canadian school, died in 1959, so it must be someone else. Please wish me luck tonight in solving the mystery that I've created, because it is driving me crazy—thanks to Mercury in retrograde.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for rain for us!

P.S. My dear friend Jim Callahan sent me the coolest video to check it out and T. and I loved it. If you want something to make you smile please check it out: The Coolest Dog! It has gotten over one million hits.

No comments: