Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lay In Waiting!

I started my day off on the wrong foot, so to speak. Early this morning around four-thirty Mama started barking, probably because of the full moon, so I got out of bed and let the dogs go outside. A few minutes later I let them back inside and then we went back to bed.

A couple of hours later I woke up and Tony was gone. Once again I got out of bed and let the dogs go back outside and then I went back to the bathroom to put my glasses and Crocs on. When I reentered the kitchen I stopped dead in my pink-rubber-shoes tracks and stared at a dying—four inch long scorpion on the floor by the kitchen table and it gave me goose bumps and then it straightened out its tail and croaked. It would never sting again.

I apologized to him or her for crushing it with my bare feet when I was going to the bathroom to put my glasses and Crocs on, but I also told it was his or her fault for being inside the trailer. Then I shot it and did my morning chores as it lay in waiting for Tone to come home from the Old Timer and remove it from the floor for me.
I was cooking T.'s breakfast when he walked inside the trailer. "Morning, babe," he said, as he laid his camera backpack on the coffee table. "How are you this morning?"

"Well, I'm fine now, after having another near death experience. I stepped on that scorpion with my bare feet after I let the dogs out," I said, as I pointed at it. "Will you pick it up and put it in the trash for me?"

"You're lucky it didn't sting you," Tone said, as he picked it up in a paper towel and then buried it deep inside the trash can under some old newspaper." After he gave me a hug—I gave him his breakfast. When he went outside to do his morning chores, I walked six miles with Leslie and fortunately, I didn't step on another scorpion.

Today was quiet and no one came out to see our dogs which was a little disappointing. Tony and I had planned to spend the afternoon mowing and weed eating, but it started raining just a little after three o'clock and it has just started raining again.

It just thundered real loud and the rain is pouring down hard, so I am ending tonight's post right now, because I need to go unplug everything. I guess that I will read tonight and hopefully we can mow tomorrow.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: