Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Big Whopper!

What can I say? It's been another great day and the pumpkin tasted great in my smoothie. This morning after I walked six miles I made homemade Lasagna and put it in the oven and then I filled my coffee mug with some Kona coffee and sat down at the kitchen table to check my e-mails. Fortunately, I only had seventeen new ones and the one that I received from my good friend and dog walking volunteer, Eileen Gotke made me laugh out loud when I read her fascinating fish tale. Eileen wrote:

"First, please accept my apology for not coming out yesterday morning to walk the dogs...I was with June and Ellen on the river in kayaks and I got caught by a fish! Yes, exactly what I just said! We had just gone over some whitewater toward the left bank near some cypress trees except Ellen fell out of her kayak at the rough spot. So I was leaning over my kayak to retrieve her water bottle that was headed my direction, when I felt something on my left front shoulder pulling at my life jacket...OMG, I immediately had the image of a snake in my mind and I started screaming like a little girl! "GET IT OFF ME!!!" I swiped at it and it felt like a snake and it was moving...OMG, I continued to scream...some body said, "It's a fish, Eileen!" My mind didn't get off the snake image immediately and I continued to scream...I finally twisted my head to the left and looked, and indeed it was a fish! But it had a hook in it's mouth and the hook was stuck on my life jacket! OMG more screaming...they kept on telling me it was a fish and then one of them came up and unhooked it off me...OMG it was still on a long fishing line and I have no idea where it came from. If I didn't have a heart attack right then and there then I think I'm doing pretty good health wise! When I really looked at the fish it was about five inches long. Just so you know, no fish was hurt during the stated ordeal...he was removed from the hook and let free to swim away...with ringing in his fish ears, if he had them!

Callie did a great job at her 3rd obedience training class today! — Eileen"

After I had Tony read her story he laughed with me about it. "Tony, we should appoint Eileen as our Official Fish Rescuer!" I said. "What do you think?" He laughed and went down the hall to his office. Then I sent Eileen an e-mail thanking her for sharing her story about the big whopper that she heroically rescued and freed. I love happy endings and I am going to end tonight's post, so I can read some more of Susan Wittig Alberts mystery book, A Dilly Of A Death. To say the least—it's good!

P.S. Today I received the sweetest card from Cheryl and Walt Ratliff and it touched my heart.  I want to thank them for making my day special. And, I also want to thank my dear friends Jon and Sandy Wolfmueller at Wolfmueller Books for helping me with my books and keeping me laughing. What would I do without friends like you?

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Hey, now you need to blog about Ellen's screaming fit so I don't look like the only sissy around!!! I've marked next Friday off as kayaking date with you, Ellen, maybe June and Nyta!!! Please come with us, it's so much fun and you'll love it!