Thursday, December 31, 2009

Miami, Medina And Minnesota!

This morning Lisa showed up with her best friend, Sheri, who was visiting her from Midland, to show her the rescue ranch. While Lisa gave Sheri a grand tour outside I ran circles around the big room with Les and her crew for six miles.

While I cleaned up, Tony, Lisa & Sheri went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky. When they returned from their fun visit, Tony brought them inside so I could meet Sheri. I really liked Sheri right off of the bat, and could not believe that she was just as radiant and full of good vibes as Lisa was! They were like two peas in a pod. No wonder they are best friends.

Around noon, our good friend, Maribeth Couch from Utopia, who used to work out here before the economy went south and we had to let her go, showed up and we had a really fun visit! We talked and laughed for hours as we caught up with each other's news. Around three o'clock Maribeth had to take off for Kerrville, and I really hated to see her leave because Tony and I were having so much fun with our dear friend.

There are a couple of sayings that Kinky likes to use and I love both of them. They go something like this: "There are two kinds of people in this world. The ones who enter a room and bring you joy, and then there are the ones who leave a room and bring you joy." The other is: "There are two kinds of people in this world. They are either tedious or charming. I prefer charming." Me, too!

Today I was lucky to be with people who brought joy into the trailer and who were more than charming, even though Mercury is you know where right now, and tonight's another blue moon over Miami, Medina and Minnesota! Thank you, Lisa, Sheri and Maribeth! Y'all really brightened my day!

Around three-thirty Lisa, our angel in disguise, came back out with her friend, John, to walk our dogs! Our dogs loved it and so did we! Our rescue ranch is so lucky to have found Lisa and her many dedicated, volunteer dog-walking friends.

I cannot believe that there are less than four hours left before Tony and I take down our Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch 2009 calendar, celebrating ten years of rescue, from the kitchen wall and replace it with "The Port A. Family Trip 2010" calendar that I made for Cindy & Ray, Ron & Nita, and us. I used pictures that Tone and I took while we were down there visiting Rick and Leisa on the island for two days, back in October, to celebrate my fifty-eighth Halloween. Trust me, turning fifty-eight is mighty scary! It is a trick and not a treat.

I cannot believe that 2009 has come and gone so quickly. And, I can't believe that I have come and gone here and there for over fifty-eight years on this planet. I feel like a wore out energizer bunny that seriously needs to be recharged. Hopefully, it will be this year and solar. I'm old now, and I can't believe how fast time has marched by and how many miles that I have walked with Leslie Sansone this past year.

Y'all have a Happy New Year! And may 2010 be the best year for all of us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2010
I pray God's Blessings on all His creatures.
Nancy, your blogs are the best, you do a great job. Your words are written so we can "see" what is happening. I look forward to them everyday. Susan Burke, Bandera, Texas