Monday, December 7, 2009

Sad News

Today has been a very sad day at the ranch. This morning around eleven-thirty, Mr. Magoo, passed away from natural causes, inside the Lodge, with Kinky by his side. He was either fourteen or fifteen years old, and he was a magnificent dog in so many ways.

Gooie was an incredibly great athlete, and always the leader of the pack. He would never turn down the chance to chase a tennis ball or a stuffed toy, or go on a hike with Kinky. He loved to swim, too, but his biggest love of all was Kinky. Mr. Magoo will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Rest in Peace, Goo. You were loved and so special.

5 comments:

DY_Goddess said...

Oh Mr. Magoo! A handsome lad indeed, you will be missed so very much.
Please pass on my condolences to Kinky, I know nothing but time can heal a broken heart.
Also, please tell Kinky that we are thinking of him and the next time the sun breaks through the clouds and he sees the rays come down they are the holes in heaven's floor and Mr. Magoo just wanted to send them down to say hello and that he misses him too.

RealBeWhoUR said...

So sorry to hear about your great loss of your faithful friend Mr. Magoo-I know "Goo" will be greatly missed by you all. May God heal your broken hearts-Rest in peace Mr. Magoo

Anonymous said...

God bless you sweethearts. heaven gets another great one.

lori said...

Oh I just know your hearts are broken and I am so sorry for your loss! Goo is a goodlooking boy and I am sure a faithful and loving friend! So so sorry Kinky, Cousin Nancy and family!

Simply Cindy Lou said...

Nancy,
I can not tell you the sadness I feel for Kinky and everyone else that loved Gooie. When I read this my heart dropped. Gooie was such a great guy. I know Kinky must be so sad. These fur covered creatures take the softest part of our hearts and burrow in for eternity. At least Kinky was there when he crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. His heart will never be the same. They live such short lives because they love with every fiber of their being. Tell Kinky he in in our thoughts. I know how close you and Tony were to Gooie too. I think my favorite part of your book was the tale of Gooie and the ducks. Sending my love.... Cindy Lou