Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Just Love It!

This afternoon, when Tony and I returned from Kerrville, I turned on my Bose iPod Deck to listen to some music while unpacking my canvas grocery sacks. After that, I checked my e-mail, while listening to Michael Franks singing one of my favorite songs of his, ‘Under the Sun.”

I had twelve e-mails. I scanned them quickly, deleted three spams and then I opened Stacie’s. Stacie is the woman who put together the wonderful slide show for last Fridays benefit. I just have to share her note with y’all.

“Hello Nancy,
The show went great and I will be sending you a copy of the slideshow on disc. You know one thing I noticed was that everyone there, was there for the dogs (and of course good entertainment doesn't hurt either). I say that because it was actually funny, I was over at the Silent Auction table and I bid on about 6 things. I met some wonderful ladies and we started to joke because every time I went back, someone had outbid me. To say the least, it was great when I would look down and a $25 gift certificate was already going for $30, i.e. everything got bid on over the normal amount of what it was worth. I realized, these people are doing this for the dogs!!!!!!!!!!! How fantastic. Of course, I won the one I really, really wanted; A basket with the two books: ‘Whale Season’ & ‘Murder at the Bad Girls Bar & Grill’ & 3 BBQ sauces in it. I can't wait to sit down and read them!

It was a pleasure to make the slideshow & I would love to make a trip up there sometime and meet them. If you ever need anything, feel free to contact me. Thank you for all your help & support. Stacie Chinni”

I am thrilled that Stacie bid the highest and won N.M. Kelby’s care package! And, I can’t wait to see her slideshow of our dogs! Everyone, I hope that you have a great Sunday! I am!

No comments: