Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Bonefit Was A Howling Success!

Tony and I were unable to make it to the Bonefit last night. We really wanted to be there, but unfortunately, we just couldn’t make it. Today I received a note from Kim G. about last night’s benefit that she put on for us. This is what Kim wrote:

“We had a blast last night. Joe King Carrasco talked a lot about Utopia up on stage, and he put on a great performance. The crowd loved him! The slide show ran all night long with the dogs up on the wall and I received many compliments on it. Stacie did a nice job on the slides. I think she is making you a copy.

I don’t have all the numbers together but it looks like about $2000 for you all. I’m hoping that there was enough advertising and networking going on that it will bring you more money and some nice homes for some of the dogs.

I’ll get you the final number soon, Kim”

After reading Kim’s note, I want to thank everyone who attended last nights benefit. I want to also thank the many people and businesses that contributed to the silent auction. And, I want to especially thank these great people for their hard work and generous hearts: Kim Galusha, Joe King Carrasco, Ruta Maya Coffee House and Organic Coffee Importing and staff, and Stacie! Y’all are the cream of the crop! Our ranch cannot thank you enough! We love y’all!

I can’t wait to tell Kinky about this! He should be arriving in Austin anytime now. I know that he will be thrilled!

No comments: