Monday, February 26, 2024

Episode 28: On Jupiter And Mars!

I transcribed Podcast 28: On Jupiter And Mars in case you would rather read it than listen to my voice. But if you would prefer to listen to me please click here  The Cousin Nancy Show or click on the side bar👉 

Many years ago, I was surfing the channels and I decided to watch the Science channel. I've never watched the Science channel, because I nearly flunked science, in high school. Anyway, I ended up watching two episodes of NASA's Unexplained Files."

"The first show that I watched was titled “Did We Nuke Jupiter?” and it was an investigation about the possibility of NASA intentionally crashing a newly, retired, nuclear spacecraft, from the Apollo program, on Jupiter.” And to say the least it was really interesting.


So I decided to watch another episode of NASA's Unexplained Files.


That episode was about NASA having put Opportunity, one of their most sophisticated land rovers, on Mars, to roam around and take pictures of the planet, so NASA could learn more about Mars


So Opportunity, this unmanned rover vehicle ended up taking several pictures of something that it found on the ground, and it looked just like a half-eaten jelly donut and none of NASA's brilliant scientists could explain how this half-eaten jelly donut got there.


"Seriously, I saw the pictures taken of the half-eaten pastry and it definitely looked just like a half-eaten jelly donut and the jelly was red in color.


So, I am thinking that this red jelly donut was left there by a Martian that has a very good sense of humor.


And it makes me wonder just how long that half-eaten jelly donut has been on Mars waiting to be discovered, because that nasty stuff that they put inside those jelly donuts may take years and years to digest or it might not ever disintegrate.


Anyway, every time that I told someone about this half-eaten jelly donut on Mars I could see my friends trying not to laugh about it, including myself. But please note that all major news organizations around the world were covering this strange story, too. And it was also reported that William Shatner even wanted to know how it got there.


Anyway, today while I was surfing the Internet about that jelly donut found on Mars I discovered that on February 14, 2014 Nasa finally solved the mystery of that jelly donut. And it turns out that it was just a piece of a Mars rock that was broken off when the rover ran over it.


And you can check the story out here. And you can also see pictures of it here.


****

Okay, now it is Make Me Laugh Time—With A Little Help From My Friends!


Our dear friends Clive & Curtis sent me this one:

I just bought a pet termite. And I named it Clint Eats-Wood.


Our dear friend Fourth sent me this one:

A woman brought a very limp duck to a veterinary surgeon. As she

laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope to

exam the duck.


After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and sadly said, "I'm

sorry, your duck, Kathy, has passed away."


The distressed woman wailed, "Are you sure?"


"Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead," replied the vet..


"How can you be so sure?" she protested. "I mean you haven't done any

testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something."


The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room. He returned

a few minutes later with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck's

owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his

front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to

bottom. He then looked up at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.


The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out of the room. A few

minutes later he returned with a cat. The cat jumped on the table and

also delicately sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back

on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the

room.


The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this

is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."


The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a

bill, which he handed to the woman.


The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!" she cried,

"$150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"


The vet shrugged, "I'm sorry. If you had just taken my word for it,

the bill would have only been $20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat

Scan, it's now $150.00. 


Our dear friend Lyle, from Iowa, sent me this one:

Two blondes run into a building. And you would think that one of them would have seen it.


And lastly here are a couple of good ones that I found on the Internet:

This chicken and this egg were laying in bed together and the chicken reached over and lit up a cigarette and the egg said, “Well, I guess that answers that age old question.”


What do you call birds that stick together—Vel-Crows!


I accidentally swallowed some Scrabble tiles. So I’m worried that my next trip to the bathroom could spell disaster.

And this concludes this segment of Make Me Laugh Time. And I do want to thank my dear friends for sending me their funny jokes to help me make you laugh.

****

Our dear friend Gerry Olert, the best videographer in Texas, sent me this great video yesterday that he recently filmed, at Triple H Equitherapy—Where Horsepower Heals and it was so beautiful—it touched my heart and made me tear up. 


The title of this short, three minute video is a Magic Moment With Tad Leggett. And please click here to watch it.

 

And to find out more about this wonderful non-profit organization, in Pipe Creek, Texas, please click here on triple-h-org.


And that is about it for today. And like I always like to say near the end of my podcasts, “I hope that the jokes today made you laugh at least once and if not—who cares!”


Thank y’all for listening and please always remember my favorite quote, “Life is short and so am I!”


Y'all take care and keep on laughing!

No comments: