Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Tortilla Soup!

The past few days have been great. Two days ago Tony and I decided to tackle the small shed we built over a year and a half ago.

We built this small shed and I named it the Wash House, because we had planned to put in a shower, toilet and a sink for when we have guests. But those plans literally went down the drain, because when we finally made the move over here, we ended up stuffing the shed with tons of packed boxes, etc. So it basically became an outdoor closet filled with a lot of our treasured stuff.

Anyway, it has been so long since we had stuffed this shed—we had no clue what was inside there.  But we soon found out.

So Monday afternoon, we put on our leather work gloves and we started hauling everything that was inside—outside. We piled box after box on top of the picnic table and chairs and it sort of looked like we were having an unannounced garage sale that no one was invited to attend.

As we dug into each box we soon discovered that we needed several garbage sacks, because so much of our treasured stuff we needed to throw away, because it was stuff that we didn't want or couldn't use.

But the good news is that we found one box that I had carefully packed that had come out of my pink writing cabin. And it was like Christmas in April for me.

I found some of my favorite books, important rocks, signs, framed pictures, decorative throw pillows, crystals, stuffed toys and a boatload of knickknacks that I had totally forgotten about.
And most of this cool stuff either needed to be cleaned, vacuumed or washed, so I sorted them into piles. Here are two items that I love that I had washed in the kitchen sink: my big, cobalt blue ball that now permanently resides above the kitchen sink and my adorable Boston Terrier Christmas ornament which  is now hanging outside near ET.



So yesterday afternoon Tony and I loaded up the truck with ten, industrial-sized garbage bags that were full of unwanted stuff that we've been storing in the shed and we (Actually it was just Tony) unloaded them, at the Kerrville dump and it felt so good, because now we know exactly what is inside that shed and I have been reunited with some of my missing, treasured stuff.

To celebrate finally feng-shuiing the Wash House and dumping a ton of its contents, at the county dump, we dropped by Wolfmueller's Books, for a fun visit with Sandy & Jon. And needless to say we did a lot of laughing with our dear friends.

As I finish writing this post, it is not yet 10:00 in the morning. Tony is working next door, at Escondida Resort, for a few hours and I am cooking us a pot of tortilla soup for our lunch. And the two reasons why I have written this post early is because thunderstorms with some possible hail are predicted for today, so I will most likely be unplugged, and also because I plan to spend today and tonight working on my third novella.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

P.S. "Gaby, yesterday we received your cute Easter postcard that you sent to us from Germany and we love it. And I/we hope that you had a wonderful Easter, too!"

No comments: