Thursday, May 2, 2019

Taking A Hike!

FYI: I am writing this early, because the threat of thunderstorms are predicted for this evening, so I will probably be unplugged.

Today has been great and I am so excited about the prospect of something exciting happening for Little Debbie and me, in the near future. 


And it will also involve sweet Mari and her handsome dog Si(las)—if Mari and I can pull this adventure off.


You see this morning my dear friend Mari sent me this e-mail and that is how all of this got started. Mari wrote:

"I don’t know if you ever pick up a free copy of Hill Country Culture outside HEB, but I get it in the Kerrville Times, so I do read it.

I was thrilled to see the headline : Woman Brings Dream to Life and the subheadline “Hill Country Local Hikes Appalachian Trail”. I just KNEW the article was about YOU. I thought THAT’s why you’ve been walking with me at the Park – it was for PRACTICE.

So you can imagine how disappointed I was to see someone ELSE’s name in the article.

I guess when it cools down again and my Achilles tendon is healed, we’ll have to practice some more………   Mari"

So I wrote back:

"Hi Mari. I love reading Hill Country Culture and I love the Kerrville Daily Times. That is too hilarious about you thinking (wink) it was me hiking "The Trail." And I think it is really cool about that woman actually hiking the Appalachian Trail. I do admire Lorrie Hess.

Why don't you and I actually hike it? It would be so much fun and maybe then Hill Country Culture could write a funny story about us, over the hill, gals taking a hike!

We could make it a two day event and get back here, so we could be with our dogs. And we could take Si and Little Debbie and I could make a hilarious video of us actually walking the Appalachian Trail or at least stepping on the trail, because that counts as hiking the Trail. They could even use this Photoshopped picture that Tony took of me, in Louise Hays Park, pretending to be hiking on the trail.




And instead of me wearing a back pack Si could wear a back pack to carry our 2 bottles of water, because it would only take us about an hour to shoot the video. And maybe Si could possibly carry Little Debbie, too. She is a great traveler as long as her feet never touch the ground.

All we have to do is take multiple shirts and change them out and take photographs of ourselves wearing different clothes and then stand in front of different places and take pictures of ourselves. As if we have spent a month, 2 months, etc. hiking together. Omg, let's do this! Nancy

P.S. Have you read Bill Bryson's book A Walk In The Woods or seen the hilarious movie starring Robert Redford, Nick Nolte, Emma Thompson and Mary Steenbergen? If not it is a must read and a must see for you. It is one of my favorite all time fun movies to watch. And besides it being a fabulous movie, the photography and music are incredibly great, too.

P.S.S. Plus this would be a perfect opportunity for Little Debbie and I to wear our matching Uggs! We've got to do this!!!!"


So as I finish writing this tonight I am (im)patiently waiting for Mari to get back to me.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: