Thursday, March 15, 2018

I'll Be Packin'!

Today has been great and I am feeling great. No more sneezing, coughing or hacking, because of allergies. Now I am keeping my fingers crossed that the pollen counts stay low, so I can go to Katelyn's birthday party, at Ron & Nita's Ronderosa Ranch, this Saturday.

I am still laughing at myself, when last week I got the dates confused, for Katelyn's birthday party. Seriously, it would have been hilarious if Carol and I had packed and driven up there, last Saturday, to Ron & Nita's ranch and no one being there.

And the sad part about it is I know that everyone in my family, sweet Carol and my other close friends that know me well, would not have been shocked if I had done that, because all of my life I've been known to do that sort of thing. It is just another one of my quirks like me getting lost all of the time.

And another sad part about it is Carol can't go with me this weekend, so I'll be going solo which of course will give me the opportunity to get lost and never making it to Katelyn's birthday party. But because I'll be packin' (my new guitar/banjo, mandolin and favorite guitar) on this trip, I'll hopefully stay more focused, so I don't get lost. But I'll still say a little prayer before I go just in case.

And now that makes me wonder why Carol, last week, was so eager to say, "We'll go in my truck. I'll drive!...." After she had told me she could go to the party. Hmmm...

I am loving doing the new Weight Watchers so much. Seriously, Weight Watchers has made it so much fun. I am now looking forward to every evening when I can add up all of the food (that I've eaten) points and still have points leftover to rollover (So I can use them at Ronnie & Nita's covered dish BBQ dinner.)

This afternoon while I was on Weight Watcher's website I checked out several of their delicious-looking, healthy meals and then I decided to watch their Oprah videos. Omg, Oprah's words powered me up in so many ways that I did not want to shut down and go, to Kerrville, with Tone. But before I closed the lid of my lap top and adios-ed Oprah without her knowing it, I printed out Weight Watcher's Creamy Spaghetti Squash with Ricotta and Spinach recipe, so I could buy the ingredients and later on today, cook it for our dinner.


When we got back from Kerrville, Tony helped me fix our dinner, because he was nervous about me trying to cut the huge spaghetti squash in halves. So while he was sawing away on this gigantic gourd I diced onions, grape tomatoes, shredded fresh spinach, etc.


And about 40 minutes later, I served us Weight Watcher's Creamy Spaghetti Squash with Ricotta and Spinach and it was more than delicious. 


In fact, Tony ate two big servings and we had enough leftover for several more mouth-watering meals. So I filled several Baggies with individual servings and then froze them to eat at a later date. And the best news is this meal only counts 4 points.

Tomorrow our main meal is going to be zucchini frittatas and I am looking forward to eating it again, because a few days ago when I cooked it for us—there were so many free points (eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion that you don't have to count) that the total points for that meal was only 4 points!

Before I finish writing this tonight, I want you to know that I am fixin' to drink a glass of my fine, boxed, Chillable Red wine and read a little, because I still have 8 points leftover for today. And that is about it for tonight. Cheers!

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: