Tuesday, March 13, 2018

An Entomologist!

Today has been great sort of. Even though the pollen count is high, I am starting to wonder if maybe I have some kind of bug. Because last night I started feeling feverish and went to bed at 9:00 (the old time 8:00) and I slept like a log and I did not wake up until 9:00 this morning.

After I got up it didn't last long, because within a minute or two I started feeling weak and dizzy. So I went back to bed and slept another two hours. Then I helped Tony vacuum the house and put things in place, because our friend, Doug Foss, an entomologist and the owner of Foss Pest Control was scheduled to come out and treat The Cabin, so we won't be bothered with scorpions, spiders, creepy-crawlers, etc.

Well, Doug showed up promptly at 1:00 and he did an excellent job ridding our home of pests and we are thrilled about it. Especially Little Debbie and Big Al(ice).


You may be asking how do we know Doug so I am going to tell you. Our friend, Rie Foss, works at the Bank of the Hills, in Kerrville. And Tony and I love her, because she is always helpful, so upbeat, always smiling and laughing.

Every time that we go to the bank, Rie is the first to greet us and then we start talking about dogs, key hole gardening, etc. and by the time we've done our banking—we always leave wearing smiles on our faces. So before I write another word I want to highly recommend using Bank of the Hills and Foss Pest Control.

Late this afternoon I checked my e-mail and my good friend Mari had sent me this link that shows 18 fascinating maps and I found it so interesting I want to share it with you: Fascinating Maps.

It is 4:52 right now and I am still feeling a little bit puny and I think I am going to go back to bed to rest some more. If that is at all possible with six dogs snuggling up close to me.

But before I go I do want to show you this beautiful, less than 30 seconds video. It is about a man that was in the hospital for over 5 months, because of flu complications.

When he came back home he had lost over 50 pounds and was unrecognizable to his dog. And I promise that if you watch this heart-warming video it will put a really big smile on your face. And that is about it for now.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: