Saturday, March 31, 2018

An Eyesore!

Today has been great. This morning I slept in and I enjoyed it. But not as much as I enjoyed adding a spoonful of that delicious, Mexican Hot Chocolate ice cream, to my cup of coffee.


Late this morning Tony and I took off for Kerrville for three reasons. Reason #1 to buy lumber, stain and three drawer handles.

Reason #2 to buy vegetables, at The Plant Haus, so Tony could plant the veggies, in his many key hole gardens.

Reason #3 to go to the big H-E-B, on Main Street, so I could stock up on some more Mexican Hot Chocolate ice cream and get a bag of dog food.

After accomplishing all of this we came back home and unloaded the lumber, the plants and the groceries. Then I took this picture of the five, neatly stacked, quarts of Mexican Hot Chocolate ice cream, before we took them out to the Airstream. 


Late this afternoon after taking a short sleepless nap with our dogs I was ready to tackle my newest project—"Getting Rid Of The Ugly Tool Area In The Big Room And Decorating That Area." 


As you can see from the above photo our "tool area" is an eyesore to say the least, but I must admit that the tool area has come in handy, the last few months, when we are needing to use our tools to get a job done. And it has served its purpose, but now it must go, because I am tired of looking at it.

So after we ate a bowl of delicious ice cream Tony and I "set up shop" on the front porch and we began cutting boards into 60" and 75" lengths, because of what I have designed and planned to replace the "tool area" with. And here is a sneak preview of my partially finished project that I am hoping to finish tomorrow. 

So please wish me luck, because from the looks of the picture below, it now looks worse than it did before we started. Except of course, for Little Debbie, standing in front of the chair, near the bottom of the picture.


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: