Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Show Must Go On!

Today has been great. This morning after we did our chores outside I went over to visit with Kinky. When we went outside, with The Friedmans, I was just about ready to sit down in one of his rocking chairs, when Kinky hollered, "No, Yellowy!" before he ran out into the yard and quickly removed a hummingbird from Yellowy's mouth."

"Is it okay?" I asked.

"I think it is, but he's missing a few tail feathers." Then he opened up his cupped hands and the lucky, little hummer took off in flight. "You're a bad cat. You have plenty of food to eat, so you do not need to hunt." Yellowy smirked, then he turned his back away from Kinky and walked just a few feet before he started stalking some kind of a bug.

"Good grief. That's the second time that you've saved a hummingbird from Yellowy..." I had a very fun visit with Kinky. We mainly talked about Chet's upcoming concert and we also made a backup plan as to where, on the ranch, we will have his indoor concert, just in case Saturday is a rainy day.

So when I left to come back home to cook lunch for Tony and me I felt relieved knowing that the show must go on, no matter what kind of weather we'll be having. So, I guess you could say, "It will either be a Chet O'Keefe In House or Out House Concert." And I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be held outside, at our rescue ranch.

Around 4:00, Tony and I went outside to mow, before it rains again. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: