Friday, June 27, 2014

Stop!

Today was almost great. I spent most of the afternoon doing paperwork. I was making a big dent in my paperwork pile when the printer, back in my office, notified me that I was completely out of Magenta ink and that it would not print one more piece of paper until I had installed a new ink cartridge.

I thought it was no big deal, because I always keep extra backup ink for moments like this. Well, it turns out I had backup ink cartridges for every color except Magenta. This happened around 4:00. So Tony and I had to drive to Office Max, in Kerrville, just to get a Magenta ink cartridge for the printer, so I could finish up the rest of my paperwork.

When we got back home, it was nearly 5:15 and Carlton was flashing, on top of the breakfast bar. It was Kinky, "Nance, I am now back at the ranch. Thanks for taking care of The Friedmans. Call me." Click.

I called him back and a few minutes later I I drove over to Kinky's Lodge, so we could have a short visit. But when Buttermilk and I pulled up to Kinky's gate to park, I noticed some beautiful, yellow wildflowers. So, I grabbed my camera and took this picture, because I took it as a sign or a message, sent to me. To remind me in my busy life to always take the time to stop and smell the wildflowers (roses).


After taking this picture I truly did want to stop and smell the wildflowers, but because my back was still aching, from doing so much mowing yesterday, I was scared that if I bent over, my back might go out on me. So, instead of sniffing the lovely wildflowers, I just went inside the Lodge and had a fun visit with Kinky and The Friedmans.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: