Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Perfect Dog!

Today has been great. This morning I got up real early, so Hazel and I could remove the latest dog-hair- drifts that had accumulated on our wooden floors, before I called Harley Belew to do his popular morning radio show.

When the floors were once again hair-free Hazel went back in the closet. Then I called Harley and I really enjoyed visiting with him On-Air and talking about our rescue ranch. Bee Spears, the sweet eight-year-old dog was Harley's Pet Of The Week.


At 9:00 sharp, as scheduled, the nice man, Steve, from Hill Country Pest Control, showed up to exterminate our trailer, yard and my writing and that is the reason why Hazel and me vacuumed the floors so early this morning. Tony and I really like Steve, because he is professional, friendly, gets the job done fast, he is proud to work for Hill Country Pest Control and he always does a great job for us. And that is one of the reasons why we only use Hill Country Pest Control. The other reason why we only use Hill Country Pest Control is because they are heavily involved with helping out the community.

After Steve drove away, I went outside to go help Tony finish up our morning chores and luckily for me, he was nearly done. I only had to clean two dog pens. When I had finished picking up, I decided to push the lawn mower around. I ended up mowing down the tall grass in Springsteen's dog pen and two more alleys. Then I came back inside to cook lunch for Tony and me.

Because we have zucchini coming out-of-our-ears I went Online, to The Food Network and found this fast and easy way to make Zucchini Fritter recipe, so I decided to give it a try. Thirty minutes later, while Tony and I ate our rib-eye steaks with delicious zucchini fritters, Tony asked me to please make it again, because he absolutely loved it and so did I. So, here's the link to The Food Network's delicious Zucchini Fritter Recipe

This afternoon we went to Kerrville to grab a few groceries, mail out some of my books and then go to, Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, to drop off Tuesday Weld, pick up another refill of Mama's pain pills and that super sweet, ten- year-old Molly Ivins.

When we got back home, while I was putting up our groceries, Tony put Molly, in my pink cabin's front yard and she seems to really like it there too. Thirty minutes later, when I went outside to go have a little talk with Molly Ivins, she was happily rolling around in the grass and sniffing things.

After I had welcomed Molly back to the rescue ranch, after having been gone from here for over nine years and explaining to her that some times life throws us a curve—I took these two pictures of her posing for me. So if any of y'all know of someone who is looking for the perfect dog, Molly Ivins is definitely it. She is sweet, a little bit on the chunky side, house broken, ten-years-old, gets along great with kids and other dogs— please call me at the rescue ranch.



I went over to Kinky's early this evening for a fun visit with him and The Friedmans. While I was there I took these two pictures of his young, handsome cat, Yellowy, that he rescued and Peanut, the thirteen-year-old Poodle that he is fostering for his friend who is very ill and in and out of the hospital. 



Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: