Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I Can't Wait!

Today has been really great, but tonight is going to have to be another short one. This morning after we did our chores outside Tony took off for Bandera, in Trigger, while I stayed behind and got completely caught up with my first of the month paperwork.

While Tone was gone I went outside and jumped into Kermit and drove down to the barn, because a very nice man was coming out, by appointment, to look at our dogs, because he and his wife recently had lost one of their dogs to old age.

While I waited for his arrival I had a long talk with Betty Rubble and told her about this man coming out to possibly adopt one of our dogs, "And Betty, I hope that it is you..." Betty wagged her tail the whole time that I talked to her.

A few minutes later, this very nice man, who lives in Medina, arrived and parked his big, fancy pickup in front of Lois Lane's pen. When he climbed out of his super truck he was grinning from ear-to-ear and then he pointed at Betty and said, "I like this dog very much." Then I was grinning from ear-to-ear. Then I told him all about Betty and what a great dog she was, as Betty tried to paw the man's hand, while wagging he tail non-stop.

"My wife and I prefer Lab mixes and Betty is the right size and I like her temperament..." After he and Betty had fallen madly in love with each other, I gave the man a tour, so he could check out the rest of our dogs.

Before he left, he made another appointment to bring his wife out around 4:00 today, so she could meet our dogs and help make a decision on which dog would live the life of Riley, with their other dog, on their two-thousand-plus acre ranch.

When they arrived at 4:00, I gave them a tour of the rescue ranch and thirty minutes later, after filling out our adoption form, Brandon helped load Betty into the backseat of their pickup. So Betty could ride  in comfort, to her new ranch.


All of us are thrilled that they picked Betty, but not as much as Betty was. So, please keep your fingers crossed, that it all works out for her.

That's about it for tonight, because I need to continue to clean our trailer, because tomorrow morning my brother Ronnie, my sister Cindy and her husband Ray, are coming to spend the day with us! Ronnie is bringing his guitar and banjo and Ray is bringing his dulcimer, so we can pick and grin. And I can't wait to see them!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: