Sunday, May 26, 2013

Chet O'Keefe!

Today has been especially great, because at 6:32 this evening I finally finished writing my second fiction, mystery cliffhanger! And to say the least I am thrilled with it, even though I must still edit it and then have a friend edit it for me, design the cover and still write a dedication—the hardest part is behind me now.

Late this morning Kinky invited me to come over to the Lodge to meet his singer, songwriter, folk musician friend, Chet O'Keefe, who for two weeks opened for Kinky's Bi-Polar Tour, in Sweden and Norway and other Scandinavian countries. "Nance," Kinky said. "Two years ago, Chet O'Keefe won the International BMI Best International Bluegrass Song of the Year Award for his song, Ring the Bell, that he wrote and the Gibson Brothers recorded."

"Wow. I'll be over there in just a second!"

When I arrived at the Lodge, Kinky and Chet were standing outside to greet me. After introductions, Kinky said, "Now Nance, I want you to know that Chet O'Keefe is the secret grandson of the famous artist Georgia O'Keefe."

"Oh my goodness, I love Georgia O'Keefe." Then I realized that Kinky was pulling my leg. "No, he isn't. You got me again, Kink." Then the three of us went inside the Lodge and had a really fun visit and I really like Chet's music.

Before leaving the Lodge, Kinky told me that Chet is going to be on Big G's morning show at 9:00, tomorrow morning and Tony and I are planning on listening to it and I hope that you will tune in too. To listen in the morning, please go to this link to Big G's popular morning show. Kinky is going to go with Chet to the radio station, so we might get to hear Kinky too.

And that is about it for tonight, because I am exhausted from writing and all I want to do now is just celebrate me finishing, The Cowgirl Sisterhood: Part II, Death In New Mexico, with a glass or two of fine boxed wine.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: