Monday, March 4, 2013

Please Don't Ever Go To France!

Today has been great. This afternoon we met our dear friend Jim, The Mineral Man, for lunch at El Sol de Mexico, our favorite Mexican food restaurant, in Kerrville and Tony and I had a blast. Kris, Jim's sweet wife, couldn't join us, because she was out of town.

During our fun lunch, the three of us talked about photography, my upcoming novella, Nascar racing, last Monday's high winds blowing over El Sol de Mexico's large, heavy cement marquee outside their restaurant, their new dog Charlie, our dogs, etc.

I laughed so much I am paying for it now, because my back is aching and I am sitting on my beautiful, pink sheepskin, that my dear friend Mari gave to me several years ago, for my backaches. But I am not complaining, because we had so much fun at lunch with Jim and also because I love to laugh.

When we got back home I returned a few phone calls and e-mails and did some paperwork. Around 4:00, our friendly UPS driver showed up to deliver a new battery for my recently broken camera, that I love so much. As soon as we had adios-ed the smiling UPS man, I came inside and said a little prayer as I inserted the new battery into my beloved old camera. Then I pushed its on button and it came back to life! To say the least, "I was more than thrilled to have Ol' Snappy back.

Early this evening I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and his friends. When I arrived Kinky and The Friedmans came out to greet me. When Kinky and I walked into the kitchen Ted and Brian were in the kitchen laughing about something.

After howdies and hugs with Ted and Brian, Kinky starts chuckling and says, "Y'all, when Nancy took French, in high school, her French teacher told her, because of Nancy's thick Texas accent, "Please don't ever take French lessons again!" They burst out laughing and so did I.

"Yeah, and she also told me, "I added. "Please don't ever go to France." After we had quit laughing, I continued, "She also told me that she knew that I had studied real hard and that she would pass me, as long as I promised her to never try to speak the French language anywhere, including French restaurants. And I've kept that promise." And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all passez une bonne soirée, which is French for, Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: