Sunday, April 8, 2012

Plan B!

Today has been a great day, even though Tony woke me up, this morning, to tell me, "We don't have any water..." His words didn't exactly make me want to jump out of bed with joy, because that meant I could not take a shower and wash my hair, etc.

Normally, temporarily being without water would not have been any big deal, because it happens a lot, but last night I had carefully planned out my morning, because I had several tasks to do besides cleaning the dog pens outside, before we were to leave at 11:00, to go on a picnic with Ellen, Eileen and her sweet dog Callie, that Eileen adopted from us two years ago. So, I said, "I'm blaming this on Mercury in retrograde." T. laughed.

"Nance, it happened, because I forgot to turn off the watering hose, last night, in The Okay Corral..." Then Tone adios-ed me and took off to go drink some coffee with his friends, in Medina, while I drank my coffee and came up with a "Plan B" on how to get everything done before the picnic.

When Tony returned home, about an hour later, we had water within five minutes and because my Plan B had worked out so well—we were where we were supposed to be for our picnic and Tony, Belle and I were five minutes early.

The picnic was a lot of fun. As our hilarious topics of discussion flowed back and forth, Belle's new best friend, Callie, raced around playing with each other. And after we had eaten our lunch we took Callie and Belle down to the creek to let them go for a swim, but Callie didn't want to get her hair messed up, so she waded around in the shallow water, while Belle did a few laps for Tony or else to impress her new found girlfriend. Anyway, the dogs had a blast and we had a great time watching them.

The first thing that we did when we got home, from our picnic, was to thank Belle for not getting carsick and throwing up on me, as she has regularly done in the past and Belle seemed happy about it too.

After I returned a few phone calls, I went down the hallway to tell Tony, "I'm going to take Roy Rogers swimming over there, because I want to find out if he can swim. Do you want to go?"

"Not really. I was thinking about taking a nap, but I will if you want me to."

When Roy and I had arrived at the creek, where we had picnicked at earlier, he was excited to be off-leash, but even more excited about my Baggie filled with sausage like doggie treats that I had taken, in case I needed to catch him.

After Roy had run around marking every place where Callie and Belle had peed, we walked down to the creek. He stepped into a shallow place, drank some of the cold, clear water, but he didn't seem real interested in going swimming, so I picked up a few twigs and flung them into the creek, in hopes that he would jump into the creek and retrieve them, but he didn't. All he seemed interested in was the contents inside the small Baggie, that I held in my hand, so I came up with another Plan B, for the day and it worked.


As I tossed one wannabe floating sausage doggie treat after another, into the water, Roy turned into a dog's version of Esther Williams—beautifully swimming all around the creek, to gobble up his delicious treats and not a one of them had the time to sink to the bottom and I was delighted, so I made a short, one minute video of him swimming around, to get his treats and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as he enjoyed it.

So, since I am hooked on Keb' Mo's music, I used his song, Life Is Beautiful, for the background music and for the title of this video. Enjoy!  Life is beautiful! (Even though my video skills are rather limited.)

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: