Friday, April 6, 2012

Gloria Doidge!

Today has been a great Friday, even though Mercury is still in retrograde, until the 12th and it is also F.M.T. (Full Moon Time) again.

This morning before we did our morning chores, Tony helped me hang up, "The Okay Corral" sign on the newly, painted black, entrance gate to it and we love the way it looks on the gate.


While T. fed the dogs and I cleaned up their pens, The Best Volunteers In Texas, began to arrive and Jim was the first. Then a few minutes later came Ellen, Eileen, Lisa and Baxter, followed by Dottie and David and we were thrilled, but our super rescued dogs were even more excited to see them, because they knew they were going to definitely go for a fun walk and if they wanted to—a swim, in Wallace Creek.

When Tone and I had finished our chores I invited Eileen and Lisa, because they were up near the barn, to come see what we've done to improve The Okay Corral, but before we took off to go see it, Lisa gave T. and me some cutely decorated, white chocolate covered pretzels and butterscotch covered pretzels, with tiny chocolate Easter eggs, in the center of the nests and they were totally delicious. 

And then Ellen surprises me and tells me that she had gone to the Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation fundraiser, in Boerne and at their silent auction she had bought me a pink cowboy hat, worn by the late, famous Rodeo Queen Gloria Doidge and I immediately fell in love with it, but I could not thank Eileen enough, at the time, because my mouth was full of Lisa's homemade, mouth-watering, white chocolate covered pretzels. "Thank you, Eileen! I love the pretty, pink cowboy hat and I cannot wait to wear it, while riding Maya!"

I would show you a picture of Lisa's adorable Easter egg treats, but we have already devoured them and gained a pound, but I can show you the beautiful, famous cowboy hat that Eileen gave to me as a present. 


When our volunteers had walked all of our dogs we followed them over to Koyote Ranch, up the road, to eat lunch with them and Tony and I really enjoyed it, because all we did was laugh at their hilarious stories and latest, crazy antics, that they shared with us.

After lunch, Tony got on our riding lawn mower to cut the grass, so after returning a few phone calls, I went out to The Okay Corral to stain a bench and to also spray paint an old, metal chair a plum color, that was in desperate need of a new paint job.



And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: