Friday, April 13, 2012

The Adventures Of Joan & Kent! or Here's It!

Today has been quiet, but let me tell you about what happened yesterday, after I did the Harley Show, which was a lot of fun.

When Tony and I had finished doing our morning chores outside I decided to walk back to The Cabin, instead of hitching a ride with T. on Kermit and I am glad that I did, because I found a large turtle trying to get inside Rufus' and Roxanne's pen, near the barn and those two dogs were pretty upset about it.

So, when Tony and Kermit approached I waved them down to stop, so Tone could help me rescue the uninvited stranger and return him back to the creek. "Get back, Nance. That thing can bite your finger off." Then Tony put his leather gloves back on and carefully picked up the turtle and put him or her into a big bucket.

As Kermit took us down to the creek Tony told me, "Around here, we call them Alligator Turtles, because of their long spiked tails..." Before the turtle found its way into the creek I snapped these pictures of Snappy.




After that, while I was fixing lunch for us, Tony went to get our mail and when he came home I had two nice surprises in store for me. The first was Maya's registration papers, from the American Quarter Horse Association, with me listed as her new, proud owner, which I plan to frame, sometime this weekend and hang on a wall in the big room.


My second surprise was a beautiful card sent to us from our dear friends, Joan & Kent.


And when I opened up the card to read it, a small sticker fell to the floor, which I didn't notice and while I read about Joan's & Kent's latest hiking adventure—Tony started laughing as he stared at their sticker they had sent and I started laughing when I read: "Kent and I have just returned from the mountains of North Carolina, where we hiked into the mountains. (Not naked though!) I found this sticker in a hiking shop and could not resist sending it to you....Love, Joan The Naked Hiker."

Then Tony showed me the hilarious sticker, because it has been a private joke between us, (And the rest of the world, who read my blog.) because since she told us about being from African and once hiking, for days in the nude—I've teased her about it. 

Then I put the sticker on our fridge, right below the, "What Would Ronnie Do?" magnet and it makes me laugh every time that I open the refrigerator door. 



Yesterday, after lunch Tony and I went to Kerrville to run a couple of errands. Our first stop was at The Salvation Army, so I could drop off some clothes and other stuff, then we went inside the store to look around and I am so glad that I did, because I found a real bargain and bought It immediately before anyone else could snatch It up.

It was standing next to some matching furniture and the price tags on the other pieces started at $250.00 a piece and up, but It's sale tag price was only $49.00 for some reason and I wasn't about to question It.

The reason I am calling it It, is because I'm not sure if it is an old dining room buffet or what, but it really doesn't matter to me, because It is now in our bedroom, being used to store our jeans and socks. Here's It standing between the stool and our closet door! And that's about It for tonight.


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: