Monday, August 20, 2018

The Package!

Today, believe it or not—has actually been more than great. It has obviously been great, because it is no longer M.I.R. Time. But seriously, Tony and I had so much fun working at the famous, Old Timer's Rusty Dawg food truck today.

We had a ton of hot dog lover enthusiasts show up and I wish that y'all could have been there to watch Tony and I working together like a couple of pros.

While I was taking orders left and right, as fast as I could, Tony was busy filling the orders almost as fast as I could take them. It was so exciting, because when we first started working, at the Rusty Dawg, we were so unsure how to do things, we looked like a bad imitation of the Three Stooges making a mess of things. Or better said, "When Lucy and Ethyl messed up wrapping chocolate candy,  because of that fast moving conveyor belt." Bottom   Line: We've got it! We were fast, efficient and our customers paid us many compliments.

I thought that had made my day, but as usual I was wrong, because when we came home after work there was a package for me that my sweet sister Cindy had sent to me.

After kissing and hugging all six of our dogs and promising them that we were going to be off for the next three days and spend quality time with them, I opened the package. In the package was a book and a very sweet note from my sister.

Cindy's kind note of encouragement, after everything that we've been going through lately, brought tears to my eyes, but the book that she sent to me quickly dried up those tears, because this book RELUCTANT ACTIVIST: The Spiritual Life and Art of John Howard Griffin by Robert Bonazzi, is about my famous uncle! And it was published by TCU Press, in Fort Worth.


Tony and I had to go to Kerrville to run a few errands, so I took this book along with me, so I could check it out and I am already hooked on it. In fact, after I do some writing tonight I plan to sit down and read it until it is time for bed. And because we don't have to go to work tomorrow, I might stay up reading it until the wee hours, because I get to sleep in tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow if I can put this book down, I am planning on working on The Cabin. We are getting out our tools, saws, nail guns, air compressor, etc., so we can finish up a few minor details, inside The Cabin. And that is about it for tonight. Life is good.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing! 

2 comments:

Fay said...

I will definitely look for that for my Kindle!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! I hope you find the book, because it is a great read.