Saturday, August 25, 2018

Hog Dawg! or Ninja Power!

The last few days have been great. A few days ago while shopping at H-E-B, I picked up a magazine, while standing in line to check out.

The magazine is about attaining better health, etc. Anyway as I was thumbing through it I came across an interesting article about blasting away unwanted pounds.

When I noticed Tony unloading the last few items from our grocery cart I put this magazine in the basket, because I wanted to learn more. So on our way back home, I learned more and by the time we got back home I was trying to persuade Tony to do this diet with me. Bottom   Line: He was still on the fence about it.

So yesterday, during a brief lull, at the Old Timer's Rusty Dawg food truck, I handed him the magazine and asked him to read the article. Bottom   Line: Tony was on board to do the diet with me.

So after we got off work, he and I went back to the big H-E-B and I filled up our basket with the food to do this diet. And when we got home—this diet commenced.

I cooked us delicious grass-fed burgers (with no bun) and topped it with sauteed mushrooms and onions, lettuce, tomato, avocado and a slice of Gouda cheese. It was totally delicious and filling.

Today while we were working at the awesome food truck, our good friends Kris & Jim showed up. Kris ordered our mouth-watering Frito-Pie and Jim decided to try the famous Hog Dawg (mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and bacon bits) which is a very popular dawg.

And while Tony was busy fixing Jim's order and I was busy making Kris' Frito-Pie, Tony said, "Nance, when I got you your water, I made a mistake and got a tea that has sugar in it."

Well that stopped me in my tracks (actually when I was topping the Frito-Pie with cheese), so I said, "Tony you cannot have sugar. So throw it out and go get some water to drink or sugarless tea."

"I can't throw it out and waste it," Tony replied, as he was wrapping up Jim's delicious Hog Dawg. Long story short—I think Tony drank the sugary drink, but I am not positive about it, because we went outside to visit with our dear friends while they ate lunch.

Of course, we had a wonderful time visiting with Kris & Jim and we also did quite a bit of laughing like we usually do when we get together.

Early this evening, I fixed Tony and me a delicious salad for our dinner. I used organic power greens, sauteed some mushrooms and onions, added cheese, boiled eggs, avocado and a few tomato slices. But there was just one problem—we had no salad dressing that did not contain sugar, fructose syrup, etc.

So I decided to whip up some homemade ranch dressing. Normally, I would have used Jaws, my faithful Vita-Mix friend, but instead I decided to use (for the very first time) my Ninja 900 blender, that sweet Carol gave to me a few months ago, because she had two of them.

I filled up the blender cup with the ranch dressing ingredients, tightly screwed the lid back on and then turned it upside down and locked it into the Ninja 900.


Then I could not figure out how to turn the Ninja Power on. I felt all around the edges, etc. and finally gave up, and half-hollered, "Tony!" But Tony did not come running, because I discovered that he was napping.

So, I Googled "How to turn on a Ninja 900" and I watched a short, informative YouTube video where this beautiful, young model explained how to do it. "Just press down on the top of the container and to turn it off just release the pressure...." And to say the least, I did as I was told and it worked perfectly. And this time Tony came running, when I half-hollered, "Tony! Dinner is ready!"

After our delicious dinner, I decided to make this diet's recipe for making "Fat Bombs" using this fair trade, organic, sugarless (they use Stevia), dark chocolate chips, coconut oil and vanilla extract, because these treats are supposed to suppress any desire for sugar. But that's another story for another day.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: