Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Second Hand News! or We're Off! or Mug Shots! or Foreign Friends!

Yesterday was so much fun. I actually got up early and I was thrilled about it, because I've been trying to change my body clock, so getting up early will become second nature to me. And it's working like clockwork.

Anyway, after getting up and drinking a delicious cup of coffee, Hazel came out of the closet and she and I got removed all of the dog hair, from the floor, behind things and underneath furniture. Then I walked 4 Fast Miles with Leslie Sansone.

After that I decided to check my e-mail. Mari had sent me some funny notes and Chet O'Keefe had sent me an e-mail that was written in three phases. What I mean he wrote some on Sunday night during a thunderstorm, Monday evening and Tuesday morning.

Sunday's news was about him coming up to visit us on Friday and planning on playing a fun gig with Stephen K. Morris, at the Western Edge Cellars, in Fredericksburg @ 4:00. And we can't wait, because we love Chet and Stephen's awesome music and the Western Edge Cellars is way too cool a place to listen to great music.

On the Monday part of his e-mail, Chet added news about his new, custom-made guitar and the last part of it was exciting, because he was looking forward to staying with us over the weekend and seeing all of our dear friends Stephen K. Morris & Eva Robinett and Hans & Marita, who are here once again, visiting all of us. Marita and Hans are from Norway and they will be staying in Fredericksburg, for the next month.

Tuesday morning the last part of Chet's note was a short note—Chet told me that he had talked to Hans & Marita and he knew that they were coming to see us "today."

As soon as I read that Marita & Hans were coming to see us "today" I asked Tony to please check his messages, to see if they had contacted him.

A minute later, Tony came into the big room, and said, "They sent me a note. They said that they are coming to the Old Timer's Rusty Dawg food truck to eat lunch and get a visit in with us.

I went into a panic mode, and said, "Oh my goodness! We won't be there." Then I clicked the remote to open our gate outside. "Try to send them a note telling them we're off today and to please come to The Cabin instead."

While Tony was writing them a message, I jumped into the shower and took the fastest shower that I've ever taken in my life. And forty minutes later our dear friends, Marita & Hans arrived!

After howdies and hugs outside, we came inside The Cabin and the real fun began. But before we started catching up with each others news they gave Tony and me gifts. "These are our favorite coffee mugs and they are made in Norway and...."


Tony and I loved our new Norwegian-made coffee mugs and I claimed the blue one and he got the white one.

To say the least, since this post is growing by the minute, "We had a wonderful time with Hans & Marita and we hated to see them go back to Fredericksburg. Not because we don't like Fredville, because we were having such a great time with our foreign friends.

This morning while I was cooking us breakfast, Tony was outside taking pictures. When he came back inside The Cabin, he was carrying a gift wrapped package. "I found this by the gate. Fay has sent you something."

Since I was busy cooking I asked Tony to please open it for me.



When I saw the cute box, I said, "Let me open it. Will you stir the eggs for me? They are almost ready." Tony took my spatula and began stirring my scrambled egg concoction (sausage, onion, mushrooms, garlic, eggs, parmesan cheese, heavy whipping cream and power greens) for me.

When I opened the box and saw the hilarious mug's message, I laughed out loud, because those were mostly my thoughts for the most part of August, because of Mercury doing its thing. It could not have been more perfect, because it said it all. Then I read Fay's sweet note. So right here, I want to say, "Thank you, Fay! I LOVE this mug! I Can't Even—"




Then I cut up a ripe avocado and halved it. Then I smashed it, on our awesome restaurant plates, they sweet Liz & Jim gave to me. Then I dumped my scrambled egg concoction, on top of the smushed avocado and we ate another Keto-friendly-low carb breakfast. And in four days, we've been eating delicious salads, burger without buns, etc. And Tony has already lost five unwanted pounds and I can almost button the top button on my 501 Levis!

Here are our mug shots. 


As I finish writing this post this morning, Tony and I are fixin' to take off for Kerrville, because we are meeting Marita & Hans for a super fun lunch, even though neither one of us is hungry. Then we're going back to the big H-E-B, so we can stock up on more Keto-friendly food, because we are loving this amazing, healthy diet. And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great day and evening! And keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Fay said...

Nancy, you got mugged! LOL
Do you remember the shop we went to in Fredericksburg a couple of years ago, where you saw the t-shirt with that exact logo and you bust out laughing when you read it? They only had one left, which wasn't your size, which was a bummer.
I was in a bookstore a couple of weeks ago and saw this mug and just knew I had to get it for you xx
Hope you have a great weekend with all your visitors,
Love and tail wags,
Fay xx

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! I absolutely love this mug and yes, I do remember the t-shirt we saw, in Fred Town. I can't wait for the fun to begin this weekend and I wish that you and Ian were here to enjoy our many dear friends.