Friday, July 20, 2018

Chad Prather!

The last couple of days have been great and a lot of fun. Last night Tony and I went over to Carol's ranch to visit with her, her sweet sister Carla and Carla's beautiful daughter Christina.

Omg, we had a blast. We talked about us growing up in Texas and all of the crazy things that happened to us.

Carol and Carla shared some of the cutest letters they had written to their parents, while spending their summers at Camp Arrowhead, in Hunt, Texas. The cards they had written were hilarious asking their mom to please send candy, etc. And the they showed us cute pictures from grade school and church and their report cards.

And before we adios-ed our dear friends, I told my story about my first day in high school. Anyway, the Bottom    Line was how much we love Texas and that we wouldn't trade growing up anywhere else.

This morning before going to work, at The Old Timer's Rusty Dawg, in Medina, I checked my e-mail. My dear friend Mari sent me this great I LOVE TEXAS short video by Chad Prather, so I want to share it with y'all, because this cowboy gets my vote for more great reasons to live in Texas and why we are so proud to be Texans.

This afternoon, after we get back home from work, I am planning on spending the rest of my day and evening writing or working on my Dremel project or painting the cover for my third novella. And it doesn't matter which one of these things I will choose to do, because they all have Texas themes, because I LOVE TEXAS, TOO.

Y'all have a great day and evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Fay said...

What a great blog, Nancy! I understand why y'all are so proud to be Texans!
I absolutely love Texas and find it harder to leave every time I visit.
Glad everything is going your way and you're enjoying the Rusty Dawg!

Hope you and Tony have a great rest of the weekend and a great week coming up.
Tail wags,
Fay xx

cousin nancy said...

Howdy Fay! It is so good to hear from you. I love it that you love Texas and that is why we Texans love you back! I hope that you & Ian are doing great and y'all's girls, too. And please go remind your awesome dogs, from Texas, that y'all have adopted from us—they should be grateful that they live in Canada, especially right now, because it is 106 degrees on our covered porch.

I recently spoke to Sarah and she told me that you might be coming to Texas soon? I hope so, because we would love it! Stay cool!