Sunday, May 31, 2015

Surf's Up, George!

Yesterday and today have been great. Last night we went up to the Koyote Grill, to eat pizza with sweet Sarah and to meet her super nice friends: Meg and Rita, that had come to visit her for a few days. We love Sarah a lot, because she is always making us laugh and she always makes us feel welcomed. Sarah is the friendliest, funniest, upbeat, assistant manager, at the Medina Highpoint Resort and we had such a wonderful time. And Koyote's pizzas were so delicious Tony and I ended up eating too much.

This morning was a lot of fun too, because Ellen, our dear friend/volunteer, brought out her super cool, Kerrville Folk Festival friends: Julia & Andy and Julia & Brian, so she could show them our rescue ranch and they could do some birdwatching, in The Okay Corral. And Tony and I really enjoyed their visit, too.

This afternoon I received a great e-mail from Eileen, another one of our dear friends/volunteers. She had run into her neighbor that, last year, had come out and adopted George from us. George was/is the water-loving, dock-diving dog, that had stolen Eileen's heart. And her fabulous news about George literally made my day great. Eileen wrote:

"I saw George & his owner's dad walking down the road this morning, so I stopped to talk to them! The man told me they took George to Port Aransas & he went crazy chasing the fish in the surf!  He absolutely loved the Gulf!  He told me he and the kids love to walk George and he is sure a great dog! I thought you would enjoy hearing about George!"

Here is a picture of George, that I took last year, before his new family adopted him and took him to his fabulous, forever home, in Kerrville.


I have one last thing to report. Last Friday we went to Wolfmueller Books to visit with Sandy & Jon, our dear friends and they told us that we had to watch Grace & Frankie, Netflix's newly released comedy series, because it is totally hilarious. So early Friday evening, Tony and I stayed up past midnight, so we could watch all of the 13 episodes of the first season. And we loved it and laughed so hard that our backs ached. So now we are officially hooked on both Longmire and Grace & Frankie and we can't wait for the new Seasons. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Thanks for posting an update about George, water dog extrordinaire! George is the perfect example of why people should adopt rescue dogs!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Eileen! Thank you for sharing the great news about his latest vacation to Port Aransas. Like you, I am so happy for him. Maybe the next time you see George and his super family walking in your neighborhood, please ask them to please give George a big hug from me and tell them that I think their George should have his own website or blog, because he already has a huge following.

I hope that we get to see you tomorrow!

samalaska said...

What a handsome boy and a great story!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Sam! George Rules The Surf!