Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Bloody Mary Morning!

Today has been great. I haven't posted anything for the past few days because we have had house guests since Monday and I've been more than busy trying to take care of my everyday rescue ranch business, while trying unsuccessfully to be a good hostess to our visiting friends.

Yesterday, Tony and I took off for Kerrville, so he and I could meet our dear friends Kris & Jim and Denise & Les for our monthly lunch together. We arrived in Kerrville ahead of schedule, so we decided to go to the Plant Haus, so Tony could buy a few more tomato plants, because every morning I make Tony and I delicious, healthy tomato juice that tastes just like a Bloody Mary.

It takes eight tomatoes just to make two alcohol-free Blood Mary juices and the rest of the ingredients I use to make it are two celery stalks, one squeezed lemon, two red bell peppers, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco's Chipolte pepper sauce. So that's why Tony was buying us more tomato plants because we like our Bloody Mary mornings. Here's a picture I took of some of the ingredients just before I juiced them this morning.


While Tony was picking out his tomato plants I spotted these candles burning inside the store, so I went over to check them out and to my amazement, I discovered that they were fireless candles that run on 2 D alkaline batteries. And what was so cool about these particular fireless candles is the (plastic) wick is constantly in motion just like a flickering candle. So after we had paid the friendly cashier for our purchases we walked out of The Plant Haus with Tony's tomato plants and my new 3.5"x7" cinnamon scented, fireless wax candle.

We had a great time eating lunch with our friends and while we were finishing eating our desserts, I excused myself from the table and went outside to get my cool candle, so I could show it to them. And like us they were amazed that it was battery powered, because it looked so real. And they all said that they were going to go buy one, too. 


This is a picture of it turned off.


Here is a 28 second video clip that I took of it flickering, while listening to the beginning of Harry Manx's fabulous version of Baby Please Don't Go. So click here to see it flickering to Harry Manx's great song.

As I finish writing this, before I go watch the award winning video, Finding Joe, I want to thank the awesome, ten, super cool teenagers, from the Arms of Hope, at the Medina Children's Home, for coming out today and last Monday, for volunteering to paint our rescue ranch's white, board fence, mowing and weed-eating. "Y'all did a great job and we love you!"

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that really looks like a real flame! I will try n get a few from here too. Does it smell like Cinnamon,

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! Yes, they are made of candle wax and they smell like cinnamon. I hope you get one, because everyone that we've shown it too, can't believe it is battery powered.