Friday, May 15, 2015

Kent & Lisa & Lucille & Kinky!

Today has been great. This morning our good friend Kent came over to see us, before getting on the road and heading back home to his sweet wife Ruthie.

When we started to drink a cup of coffee together I told Kent about my new guitar and he asked to see it, because among his many talents—he is also a very talented musician. After Kent had admired my guitar I handed it to him and said, "I'd love for you to play it." Well I was wrong about that, because Tony loved it, too.

Kent strummed it, and said, "Nancy, this is one awesome guitar. I love it." Then he started playing my guitar and singing one great song after another. I took this picture of Kent.


Tony took this picture of Kent

Kent played some famous Simon & Garfunkel, Rolling Stones, John Denver, Bob Dylan, songs, etc., which mesmerized all of us including Little Debbie, who I was cradling in my arms. Tony took this adorable picture of Little Debbie.


After we adios-ed our dear friend Kent, Tony and I jumped into Trigger and took off for the Koyote Grill, at the Medina Highpoint Resort, so we could celebrate Lisa's birthday with her and our great  friends/volunteers.


Lisa's belated birthday party was so much fun and sweet Eileen provided Lisa's beautiful, delicious birthday cake. "Thank you, Eileen!"


During Lisa's super fun birthday celebration we did so much laughing and joking, my back actually began to ache from laughing so hard, but fortunately it is fine now—thank goodness. 

After Lisa's birthday party Tony and I were in the best of moods, but that changed rapidly when we pulled up to the rescue ranch gate, because we saw a happy dog, inside the rescue ranch, come running towards us, as the gate slowly swung open. "*^%#," Tony said, in disgust. "Some #@#@&^% has dumped a dog on us and I bet it was that woman who called you yesterday, that we probably just passed on the bridge, heading for 16...."

It was obvious to us that this sweet, happy, friendly, young female dog had recently had a litter of pups, ran up to Tony wagging her tail rapidly and she let Tone slip a leash around her neck. And she sat, on command when Tony told her to sit. 

Tony ended up temporarily putting her in the alley, between Merlin's and Miranda's pen and then he fed her and filled up a bucket full of water, then we drove up to The Cabin, so we could grab our cameras. Because one of my heroes, B.B. King passed away today, I've named her Lucille, because B.B. always named his black guitars Lucille and we think that Lucy is a Boxer mix. Here are some beautiful pictures of Lucille that Tony took of her.




Because of the weather and it being the weekend, we will take Lucille to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, this Monday, so we can get her spayed, shots, etc. And that is about it for tonight, because we are going to go meet Kinky for dinner.

Y'all have a great weekend, including the wonderful person who dumped Lucille, at our rescue ranch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME WITH KENT- HE IS AWESOME! SO SORRY ABOUT LUCILLE BEING JUST DROPPED OFF LIKE THAT :-( KARMA WILL TAKE CARE OF IT I AM SURE BUT LUCILLE IS THE LUCKY ONE.. GOING TO BE WELL CARED FOR AND LOVED NOW.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! Kent is awesome and I'm sure that Karma will will take care of it, too. Lucille is a sweetheart and she has already stolen our hearts. Thanks for commenting.