Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Day!

Today has been a super day. This morning, as soon as we finished doing our morning chores outside, Little Debbie, Tony and I took off for Kerrville.

Our first stop was at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, to drop off Little Debbie, so Dr. Rydberg could remove Little Debbie's stitches and cone, while we ate delicious Sinker Omelets, at Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant.


While we were at the clinic, Kathy and Robin told us about them trying to find a super home for one of their clients dog, who no longer could care for her, because of illness. "Her name is Annie," Kathy told us. "She is about eleven or twelve years old. She's a Chi-Weenie. Everyone at the clinic loves this little old dog, but none of us can take her, because she must be in a single dog home, because she is very protective, like Chihuahuas can be and she will not tolerate other pets."

"I wish we could take her in to live with us," I said, "but Little Debbie and Alice run things and I know it wouldn't work out."

"I know. That's the same problem that all of us have, too," Kathy said. "All of us have several dogs and cats. Don't worry, I know we will get her into a safe home."

"We're fixin' to go eat breakfast at The Save Inn and Tony and I will discuss it," I said. "If nothing else, when we get back here I can at least take a picture of Annie and blog about her tonight, needing a great home. We'll see y'all in about 45 minutes." Then we took off for our favorite place to eat breakfast, in Kerrville.


Every table was taken at Randy & Lisa's popular restaurant, so Tone and I went up to the counter to say hello to our friend Lisa, who was ringing up sales, etc. Three minutes later, before we went to our table, Lisa had told me that she wanted to create a donation jar for our rescue ranch, to put on the counter, to help us. And as Tony and I were thanking her for wanting to do this for us, I handed her three of our business cards. "Great, this is all I need," Lisa said. "Enjoy your meal."

Tony and I both ordered their Sinker Omelet which comes with toast and hash browns, because it is our favorite breakfast and it was more than delicious, as always. 

After eating way too much and paying our check we went back down the street to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic. 

Kathy and Robin greeted us when we walked into the lobby. "Little Debbie is ready to go!" Kathy said. "And her eye really looks great."

"That's great, but before we get her can I go take a picture of Annie?"

"Let's go!" Then we followed Kathy to the kennel. "Here she is!" I looked at sweet Annie and then I looked at Little Debbie, who was in the kennel right next to Annie's. When our cone


As Little Debbie frantically tried to get her door to open, so she could get to us, Kathy removed Annie from her kennel, so I could take a picture of her. This is the best one I got of Annie and just so you'll know this sweetheart also stole our hearts. So if you think that you might want to adopt Annie please call Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic.


As I finish writing, I just took a break so I could watch the Super Bowl Halftime performance and it was totally awesome even though I didn't know who the performers were, because of my old age. And it's been a super day even though it is F.M.T. (Full Moon Time) and Mercury is retrograde until February 11th. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening! 

No comments: